Guitar Attack & Feedback Samples

Talk about the STS series of Creamware samplers.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Guitar Attack & Feedback Samples

Post by dawman »

I am in desoerate need to have a credible guitar using Samples and Modular as the distortion.body.
ANyone have experience with making their own sample of the picking attack portion, and various feedbacks...?
I can add ADSR and LFO to the sustain portions as they need to be delayed and triggered seperately by using a long attack envelope, or Bipolar LFO...

Ankyu.
dante

Re: Guitar Attack & Feedback Samples

Post by dante »

If u want sustain - I've got one'o these :

http://www.ebow.com/home.php

I could sample each string ( squire strat ) @ 44.1 / 24bit thru Digitech ValveFX / Dynatube JM if you want.

The E-Bow is like well err infinite sustain so u better gimme a time limit on each note :)

While it's sustaining it goes through several harmonic/timbral changes so similar to feedback, or I could throw it thru Mesa Boogie ==> Tannoy => Rode Classic for real feedback.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I am in desoerate need to have a credible guitar using Samples and Modular as the distortion.body.
ANyone have experience with making their own sample of the picking attack portion, and various feedbacks...?
I can add ADSR and LFO to the sustain portions as they need to be delayed and triggered seperately by using a long attack envelope, or Bipolar LFO...

Ankyu.
There was a long discussion on KVR recently regarding 'quality' of guitar samples.
If you want I could send you some attack transients and you could build your own triggers and use sustain through Modular (or dynatube, or whatever).

But then there's Jan Hammer who did it with some 'antique' synth :D

Call me to discuss if you'd like.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dante

Post by dante »

You mean as in the theme to Miami Vice ? I think its the same sound as the clean strat one at the end just put through distorion...
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Besides any attack transient samples, could you not build in some MIDI controller attack trigger with LFO for slow build up of upper interval harmonics?
In other words, once the note is sustaining, then just gradually add in a +12 harmonic to emulate feedback?

Seems like this would be a little bit more 'organic' in response to playing velocity vs. sample layers.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Post 'em.
I'll try anything.
Sample Oscillators can handle 1MB samples easily.
If they are looped its better for me since I don't have time for this and need something to audtion.
Thanks for the tips and I shall await the results.
Its the lowest samples that I cant really reproduce the attack on.
A below middle C and up the envelopes can get that picked sound pretty good using the ADSR V and ADSR R.
Since I am tracking Bass and Guitar parts the realism needs to be there for the lower octaves.

ANKYU
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I just read over on KVR that Independence Free player has some guitar samples.
Haven't had time to check it out, but I actually prefer Independence to Kontakt anyways, so maybe this could work.

I'm doing some tracking today, so maybe I'll strip out some sample for you if I have time.

Greg
dante

Post by dante »

Heres one. If its useable for ure purposes lemme know I'll do whatever variations....
Club Rat + E-Bow Open G.zip
Club Rat + E-Bow Open G
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 443 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

You caught me jammin' on a Friday.
My current Bassist and I are watching Ironman while I program.
To the Scope warriors................multitasking is our weapon.....
Modular............A way of life.
Bass players wish they had such tools...... :lol:

Thanks Bro I shall get to work right now, and if it works a small snippet for gratitude.
Plus Many Thanks....
dante

Post by dante »

:)
astroman

Post by astroman »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:...Bass players wish they had such tools...... :lol:
never mind, Jimmy - you know we have the Fender Precision Bass :D

cheers, Tom