For those who search for a great Reverb

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

iSiStOy

Re: For those who search for a great Reverb

Post by iSiStOy »

Yours :P

As a reply to JV, I may say you have the Jazz m8!

If only my parents forced me or if only I forced myself (which would be the most accurate reproach I could do) to the discipline, maybe I would be able to give advice about music.
I'm listening to so many diff. things: Classic, Jazz, Soul, Rock, Techno, Rap, RnB. and I think it's all part of the same family (with a lot of respect to Jazz though).
But Techno is a kind of tribal, "back to the roots" voyage, trying to make us realize we are all part of the same (hey, coming from the early 90's, beginning of globalization).
What's true or wrong, I'm not judging but I care about people's state of mind: mostly I guess we think it is the truth and that we are all part a whole!

denis
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Spacef's mixers are excellent. The features on board are really well thought out & extremely flexible. If you're looking for a mixer in Scope with Stereo sends, you can't look further than Spacef's or Wolf's latest mixers, since they're the only ones currently available with that feature. There's no free mixers with that feature yet.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

iSiStOy wrote:Yours :P
No idea what you're talking about. 8)
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Please let us know if you ear about the guys who actually design this new phaser plugin... It looks good in the specs and the demos made by Jimmy are so cool :wink: .

I won't be able to wait too long for one spacef mixer with stereo aux. Plus they look great!
For a short time the bus trick will do, at least till next w.e.

Ooo, how I love this platform! It's not like if I'd say: "well! I will buy a new mixer but will have to reconnect all the cables after having put on paper the different possible routings before making my choice, and that would take the whole w.e. long".
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

ahh and another one. Gated LaserVerb program with bpm to 144...
Attachments

[The extension mp3 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

ok, ok. I must calm down a bit. It's so damn good I just can't stop torturing my brain with this stuff. :lol:
Attachments

iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

And some NL drums through diffuse gate. Quite nice as well.
Attachments

hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

the last three ones are awesome, good for trance stuff.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Go Brotha' Man,

These are very helpful to guys who would prefer a home brewed demo instead of an overproduced website demo, that none of us would actually trust.

I appreciate the demos and might get one of these myself.....
valis

Post by valis »

I've actually wanted a Rumour for a while...thanks for reminding me! Appreciate the demos.
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Thanks HiFi! It is great fun for trance indeed...
this unit is soo simple and efficient: everything I looked for as a Reverb. I'll dig deeper into it during the week-end and probably will get a new mixer as well.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I think we have been convinced that reverbs can do synths justice thanks to these demos.
I have always disliked verbs on synths unless they were stacatto or pizzacatto type of sounds, and even then just a splash, these demos have changed my mind.
For years a friend has convinced me his KSP8 was the bomb but never provided any proof, as I thought he was justifying his 4000 expense as his is souped up with the RSP8 & AES/EBU I/O's.
Back in the early '80s' I saw my first Kurzweil at a gig and was floored by it's cost, but it smoked my Emulator II right off the stage, I always remember getting whooped publicly and take it very personal as me and this chap battled for gigs, thankfully he was older and retired from the management company to become a Steinway distibutor... :lol:
The KDFX on the Kurzweil 88'r's back in the late '80's were truly a huge selling point and the Young Chang DSP programmer was ahead of the curve.
Here's a great article, the kind I always read back then as they would interview the brian behind the scene, not some marketing chump.

http://interview.sonikmatter.com/data/bob_chidlaw.php

Thanks Again Brotha' Man Isistoy..
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Some guys talked about it a few weeks ago on Audiofanzine and one of them pointed us out the good compromise it is. There was a link to some demos as well, so I'll relay it here :

http://www.muzoborudovanie.ru/equip/stu ... rumour.php

Looking at the review now. thanks XITE-1/4LIVE
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Definitively interesting :o
The best accidental discovery was made by Chris Perkins, who works for me in the DSP Department, who discovered LaserVerb (a KDFX Algorithm) while performing experiments relating to reverb.