assign ALL stm mixers mix buttons to 1 midi button??

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

is this possible?
ARCADIOS

Re: assign ALL stm mixers mix buttons to 1 midi button??

Post by ARCADIOS »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: IS THIS POSSIBLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :evil: :cry: :oops: huki,fyui,kyuk,uy :lol: fgyuk,y :x k,fyuk, :-? vuk, :-? yufk,vyu :o ,vhjk :( k,hjk, :) bhjk, :D hk,fyui,fuyi, :wink: ui, :lol: gyui, :x ui,vyuik,g :P k,gil,gui :oops: ,guyik :cry: guk,gyuk :evil: yguk, :roll: yuk,fgyuk,gyuk,gyuk :-? ,gyuk, :o k,yuk,yu :( ,byuk, :) ybuk,u :D ,ygk,ybuk,b :( k,byuk :o byuk, :-? buyk,ybuk 8) yuk,gyuk :lol: yguk,y :x k,gyuk, :P yuk,gyuk :oops: gyuk,gyu :cry: ,guyk, :evil: yguk,yguk :roll: ,gyuk,gyuk, :lol: uk,gyuk, 8) k,yguk, :-? gyuk,gyk :o ,gyku,u :( ki,yuk :) gyuk,gyu :D k,gyuk, :) gyuk,gyu :( ,gyuk :o ,gyuk, :-? uk,gyu 8) ,yguk, :lol: gyuk,gyu :x ,gyuk, :P yuk,gyuk, :x gyuk,gy :lol: k,gyuk 8) gyuk, :-? yuk,gyu :o yguk,gy :( ,gyuk,gyuk,gyuk,yuk,yuk,guyk,ugy

MOTHERFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

its 666 posts I have to write anotherone withouttsasaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaosefgsedfrg
sedfgb
wdebg
sdartfbsadfrgber
gbwertgtbwertgbwqrtaergbetyhbsrgaertgseyfgbuk7yetgf nsergfsretn

HELP
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You say you want help, but you don't give us any specific information to work with. We can't help you with any degree of certainty unless you at least be more specific & at very least, tell us which midi button - IE, which midi devices' button or whatever that you wish to assign this control to. It might not be possible or it might indeed be possible, but there's no way for anyone here to tell that with the info you've given us.

Mark
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

i am trying to get a flexible scope stm mixer ableton project ready as a basic template.
i needed to assign all mix green buttons of stm to a butoon of bitstream3x.
when i assign the first ok, but when i assgin the second to the same midi signal, then stm gets only the second assgned, therefore it is impossible not only for all mix buttons of stm to be controlled (on and off all together) by the same button but also it is impossible to control more than just one.

one logical solution would be to save the configuration as a mixer preset, but this is not good because in that case the preset gets and all the rest of the mixers situation , sliders, knobs etc.etc.. which means that if i have different positions in o project of the sliders of stm and i want to swich all mix of by selecting the stm preset that would be a disaster because it will return the mixer to the position that the preset was saved.

as far as i try to make it work with less cpu amount getting lost from inside abletons connections, i have set all scopes mixer buttons to default, and all on.

I have 32 stereo asio in and out of stm.
the master channel of ableton i send it to stms ext1 input and therefore i switch from mix(if i want to listen from scopes mixers out) to ext1(if i want to listen from abletons master and therefore what is going to be recorded, since i use ableton as the main sequenser). "there must be a bug for the mix, ext1, ext2, monitor buttons of stms mixers, cannot be assigned even if the midi assign windiow pops up"
pollux

Post by pollux »

you could use a midi transformer plugin (or native tool) to map a single midi input note (your button) to 32 different midi output notes, and assign each green button to one of the 32 output notes..
dawman

Post by dawman »

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 16&t=23809

This is the fastest and easiest way, but you have to use the MIDI Channel the device was made for. If that doesn't work you could get a SpaceF mixer which is designed to function in a more flexible way using the Load Insert sub preset list. It's what they use on the big jobs.

There are other ways, but since you are using Ableton I assume you need a fast preset change, This won't reload all new effects but will mute unmute and re set all levels of whatever is in the mixer currently, as well as the entire project.

http://www.spacef-devices.com
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

the project preset list is an interesting tool, BUT it does not remember settings if a synth is reloaded, and after all it would be very nice if we had the ability to save loded synths and modules generally and recall them without reloading all of scope.

anyway, scope 5 i hope will be a little more easy and clever because scope 4.5 is JUST A PIECE OF SH...

ok joke 8)
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

Strange joke. :roll:
dawman

Post by dawman »

I thought you were interested in the green mix buttons?
The synth reload trouble you're having is easy to fix, break into the vault and spring for another card w/ 14 DSP's. :wink:
Are you doing live DJ gigs?
I am interested in your experience w/ Scope and Ableton if you are using it live.
If you could explain your set up, I would appreciate it.
My son has a project for the talent show where he has 4 firends rapping and dancing, and he wants to DJ and play a keyboard also.
Ableton seems perfect and has matured nicely, but is it a go w/ Scope?
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

there is no prob reloading the synths, the problem is just that the project preset tool does not remember the settings of synth if the synth is deleted from the project and reloaded back again.

i do not do live djing, even if this is a secret passion i have.
i do live performances though in opera professsionaly. after 10 years working as a baritone i have to make passience in order to make my second debut as a tenor because this is finaly my voice, and because of professional choices and teaching mistakes i was guided wrongly to sing as a baritone just because there is dark colour in my voice. off topic but ok..... about ableton now, i do not think that scope is necessary for a live dj performance.

it is just a luxury for a dj and it can stand just on a laptop and a good card. but for me that i give the basis on scopes system i just have made a full asio communication.

about ableton i would reccomend bitstream3x as a controller.
ableton is a very clever program.
a nice configuration is the following.
bitstream has 8 sliders and 4 knobs above each slider to be assigned.
for a dj project i would load 8 audio channels in ableton, controlled by the 8 sliders.

now for each channel i have loaded 1 cutoff filter, 1 ping pong effect and 1 compressor.

i will describe the assignement of the 1st audio channel and the same must be done to the rest 7.

volume of the channel: bitstrams slider
amount of cutoff filter: 1st knob
rate of fase of cutoff filter: 2nd knob(vertically)
frequency of filter "x": 3rd knob (vertically again)
q of filter "y" 4th knob vertically again.

now the clever tips of ableton.
the top knob controls the amount of the cutoff filter as i said. you can set the on off switch of the filter on the same 1st knob, but on the left side with midi assignements values you must set it to 0 as off and 1 as on. therefore to the rest 127 steps of midi it will stay on, and only if you turn the amount fully left it will turn off.
you can even assigin a 3rd job an the same knob, this is very nice and i reccommend it for a try:
assign the ping pong effect of abletons host effects to be turned on when you turn fully right the amount knob of the filter and on the left side of abletons midi settings set it to be on from 126 to 127 midi which means that it will stay off during the whole movement of the knob and will be engaged only when you turn it fully clockwise right. very amazing.

if this will be done to all 8 channels it will be as i like it. there can be some changes offcurse according to your like.

in conclusion the top knobs of bitstream turn on and off the cutoff filter, control the amount of the filter and when are fully turned right engage an extra effect which in my case is ping pong effect.

"there is another more advanced option for the same first knob of each channel. to be set to engage even another filter just a little before ping pong for example: there can be a delay turned on from 120 to 126 and in the end of the knob 126 to 127 the ping pong, ..... and many more. but start if you like with just two filters at first and you will see"

now about the compressors, set it to make an effective job when the filters tend to blow the red leds and distort and let them off.
i hve set the keyboard keys 8 zxcvbnm, to turn on and off the compressor of each channel when needed.

i myself have made 5 times this configuration on big ableton empty project and midi channel 1 is used for the first 8 channels, and so on.............midi channel 2 for the 2nd 8 channels........................etc etc....

i use for sure and one group of 8 channels of ableton getting from synths from scope with the same filtering options.
8)
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

but i still do not have an answer for how to assign all mix (green) buttons to one single button.
all these tools keep an instant save of a situation like all mix on or all mix off, but if i am in the middle of a project and there are different volumes in channels i cannot recall a saved project presset because this will return all sliders to the saved potition.

in other words i want to controll only the mix buttons, or save a situation of only the mix buttons. not the whole project or mixer!!! :-? :-? :-?
pollux

Post by pollux »

ARCADIOS wrote:but i still do not have an answer for how to assign all mix (green) buttons to one single button.
all these tools keep an instant save of a situation like all mix on or all mix off, but if i am in the middle of a project and there are different volumes in channels i cannot recall a saved project presset because this will return all sliders to the saved potition.

in other words i want to controll only the mix buttons, or save a situation of only the mix buttons. not the whole project or mixer!!! :-? :-? :-?
pollux wrote:you could use a midi transformer plugin (or native tool) to map a single midi input note (your button) to 32 different midi output notes, and assign each green button to one of the 32 output notes..
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

midi transformer? which? native tool??

i was told about cyprox, but in my case it is kind of messy, by loading so many cyproxes for each button.