SCOPE XITE-1: new DSP hardware from Sonic Core!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

hubird wrote:I want more ADAT connections :-D

then buy two xite-1s :D :D 32 ok? no? how 'bout 64... let's get crazy 128??? :lol:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

yeah sorry but, i'm interested in what flavors the xstdm snake connector comes available:
2?
4??
8???
16????
32?????

cuz

well ya know

I can afford this shit :P :D
hubird

Post by hubird »

you can always buy the Xite later :-D
braincell

Post by braincell »

Yes, when you win the lottery.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

braincell, the thing is you are one of their target users. but you feel rejected because you already spent cash on a product that only gets better and better over the years. I'm sad because you make good music. 4K$? cheap if you consider you won't need anything else to record your most cherish songs for the next ten years or so. if this thing delivers 10 times the power of current 14 dsp cards, then I don't think you should compare its value to a lottery grant
braincell

Post by braincell »

How many DSP chips does it come with? That was not clear from their website.

"a factor of 10 compared to the older 14DSP SCOPE-Board"

It has the power of 140 DSP chips? That seems like more than I need.
hubird

Post by hubird »

braincell wrote:Yes, when you win the lottery.
why would your level of income be decisive for SC to determine the price of a product that they choose to make?

If SC makes a car but you have only mony for a bike, why would you blame SC for making a vehicle which you can't effort?

3000,- euro isn't that much btw, if you live in 'western' countries.

SonicCore is alife man, awake :-D
Last edited by hubird on Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Apparently Creamware never had a big "hit" device in the past. Surely it can not all be blamed on bad marketing. Sadly, most musicians are poor, also you need a lot of ads to become well known. I don't think Sonic Core will be able to do this. It doesn't seem like they have deep pockets but maybe I am wrong. Who knows, maybe word of mouth will push it. The fact of the matter is that a lot of the money spent these days is going more and more to VSTi software and less to hardware even while there is more hardware available.
hubird

Post by hubird »

who knows what they will show in the future, if you like talking about a hit.
But you'll agree that they made a very smart move with the Xite machine.
It's not just one or the other product or potential hit, no they made clear the core busines is Scope as a complete studio.
This way they kept the Scope users with cards on board ('the platform is still alife and is continue'd'), and made a huge step to new Vista and OSX users.
Xite says: guys, we love our product and we will set it on the map again.
They couldn't have done better.
Btw, if you sell your cards you already have a financial start at least :-)

and...there's always Frank's Plugiater, for those who need it essential and practical.
Last edited by hubird on Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

braincell wrote: It has the power of 140 DSP chips? That seems like more than I need.
well just imagine nth order feedback delay lines, n> everything we currently get or know :)
just an example.. I'm sure we'll witness the era of the goliath plugin :D :D
hubird

Post by hubird »

to me it's clear that the new power will resolve faster than we will like :-D
New plugs/mixers will eat DSP like never before, remember Mehdi's comment about skipped features in the past.
But disregarding even this, I would like to be able to buy and use Warp's reverbs after all, with several instances also.
And I would like to use the Solaris plug much more, which now needs long loading times also for the presets, and uses much DSP anyway.
Then the ease of having some synths laying around in the project, adding some voices here and there (Solaris...), and there you go.
So, Xite for me? definitely, but not befor additional I/O's are added somehow.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

oh i'm buying one... I'll be standing in front of their building when the truck delivers the xites... and they better hand me one or else, I'll cut the main power, unplug phones, stand on the counter jumping up and down yelling 'HAND ME MY XITE YA SCUMBAGS' :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

I offer 200,- euro for your SRB :-D
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Regarding standalone use - I guess maybe it was wishful thinking on my part (although I'd be happy if even just the last used project was accessible). I think it occurred to me way back when Scope would crash sometimes - the DSPs would still be active and be 'doing their thing' but the software wasnt active in order to change what was on them. Or did I dream that this happened? It's hard to say, as I have a really bad memory and Scope hasn't crashed for years :D

Anyway I forgot that the computer OS is used for quite a lot of stuff (Async and also possibly other things in some devices like the time-stretching in the STS5K)... like I said - wishful thinking.
valis

Post by valis »

Some of you guys have a lot of time on your hands, don't you? :wink:
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

How long has this messe thing been active and where are the specs ? :D
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

40 minutes, no specs.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

braincell wrote:Sadly, most musicians are poor,
I really don't know how true that is. Most of the people I know who are into making music do it as a hobby and have a normal day-job. They are definitely not poor.
And if you're running a professional business as a studio or producer you're probably not poor either and 3000 euro isn't an impossible investment for a business like that.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Buncha fools this forum has....

they forget their invaluable experience with the system.....

maybe I am gonna earn a shitload of money doing Xite consultancy/installations/support in the next decade :D
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

stardust wrote:Poor when you make music for a living is probably what was meant.
it's still the same generalisation. I see no reason to assume that a majority of people who make a living from music are poor.