Soundscapes

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Right. My system has become pretty stable (still some problem when running near DSP limit) ; I learnt lot of the modular workarounds, then I often know where I've to put my hands when anything goes wrong.
So time might be ripe for Flexor 3...
Just... 6 DSPs only are still a poor platform. Moreover I wanna further acquire experience in combining and intermodulating basic waveforms and frequencies, till I'll get articulated, thick tones. Then I'll be ready to add FX and to blend them in wide, complex, morphing sounds. :D
Last edited by Cochise on Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

That guy named Assaf, whever he is, made his patches for the sole reason of fitting onto a 6DSP card.

A considerate guy for sure.

ReD_MuZe would be proud.

Hey I hope you get it. FIII really sounds much better than plain old Modular.

But my ears are my talent, not my knowledge of Modular.

It is a consuming endeavor 4 sure.
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

piddi wrote:and dont forget Morpheus!!

general tip; put a Matrix in there to easily send modsource around without rerouting...

Thx, is a great patch. Not that easy to me to interpret, at first sight :roll:

About the Matrix:
I downloaded the J9K's. Got the version used in the Morpheus v2, cause I was thinking all the modules used in the patch were needed in order to load it in a project ( but i probably was wrong cause I forgot about the VU meters, but they're nice flashing in the patch all the same).
That's probably an earlier Matrix version; knobs are at zero when in central position and go up if turned both left or right; and I wasn't be able at all to understand the behaviour of the master knob.
So which version of the matrix you suggest, considering I'd like to use it also for audio signal (i.e. leveling OSC output to send to a granular sequencer or a quad crossfade modulator)?
Last edited by Cochise on Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

scope4live wrote:That guy named Assaf, whever he is, made his patches for the sole reason of fitting onto a 6DSP card.
I trust you, but, the sole reason :lol:
ReD_MuZe would be proud.
I was finally thinking that Assaf was the name associated to the nick ReD_MuZe ...really confused now.
Hey I hope you get it. FIII really sounds much better than plain old Modular.
Even the previous version was of course a great value added. I'll get this last as soon as I can. Just puzzled in which line I've to write it in the 'next to buy' list.
But my ears are my talent, not my knowledge of Modular.

It is a consuming endeavor 4 sure.

Ears are the first talent. All would be cold without.
But experience is the crown.
Yesterday I was checking out an only just completed patch.
Unluckily I'm not that good at keyboards. My ears suggest me right notes, right joystick movements, but my hands often move the wrong way.
So I was just wondering that patch played by you. :roll:
hubird

Post by hubird »

Cochise wrote:
scope4live wrote:ReD_MuZe would be proud.
I was finally thinking that Assaf was the name associated to the nick ReD_MuZe ...really confused now.
he just tried us... :-D
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

scope4live wrote: It is a consuming endeavor 4 sure.
That's of course the reason why I'm looking now for knowledgebase.
I'm very used to the tries and errors method, but it's greatly time and endeavor consuming.
Moreover, in a scenario where things are not running perfectly fine, tries and errors can drive me mad. It needs an absolutely stable base IMHO.