Alfonso's Flexor 3 Oxyde Patch

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Alfonso's Flexor 3 Oxyde Patch

Post by dawman »

In case anyone is looking 4 a FAT mono synth emulator, this dog will hunt.

I automatically set all patches to 3 voice poly as I was looking for polyphonic content. Sus 4's, and minor 7th's were in mind.

I started messing w/ this patch and discovered it is a very powerful mono beast. Not really needing anything mono ( at least I thought so ) I almost overlooked this one.

Due to my limited knowledge of modules and their uses, I always go to the filters and envelopes to start tweaking. But this time I went straight 4 the x / y controller, and the self explanatory matrix modules and was shocked to find such a variety of control. Morpheus had a similar layout w/ j9k's matrix, but this was very easy for a novice such as me to dig right into.

In no time I was creating some very analog sounding leads reminiscent of Yes, ELP, Wakeman, Styx, Pink Floyd, and Herbie Hancock. They used Modular 100's, MiniMoogs, ECS, and ARP 2600's. I am very familiar with those sounds, and was shocked at how easy this was achieved. Salute .

This patch also allowed me to make some sounds I haven't ever used b4, which are very unique and a snap w/ all of these modules.

Rubber sounds very good, but I would love to use it, and this patch w/ an external analog filter. I am reading the tutorial over and over in hopes of learning more, so I can comprehend what the purpose of each module can achieve.

I remember demo'ing the Nord Modular for a couple of weeks back in '98, and it was very small sounding compared to this.

This adds great FAT mono sounds to the SE-1x, Pro One Version 3, and the C4T.

The Adern Team Gas Done The Platform A Great Service.

BTW Alfonso, Can I add the filters I spoke of and showed to you ?
If not, any suggestions on choices would be appreciated, as I am going forward on " Project X " as soon as I am sure it can be connected through CV modules and output the proper currents that are needed. Has anyone ever successfully tried a hybrid approach using CW modular ? It seems to me that a little electrical circuitry added could only enhance an already awesome sounding device. I notice when adding all of my hardware FX, i.e. Lexicon, Oberheim EDP, and Q20, that using AES / EBU, spdif, and even the analog I / O's via the A16 Ultra, that the sound quality is spectacular compared to the stock FX which clutter the PCI Buss. Maybe the same would apply here. I hope so.

Humbly Yours,
Chisel

Re: Alfonso's Flexor 3 Oxyde Patch

Post by Chisel »

scope4live wrote:In no time I was creating some very analog sounding leads reminiscent of Yes, ELP, Wakeman, Styx, Pink Floyd, and Herbie Hancock. They used Modular 100's, MiniMoogs, ECS, and ARP 2600's. I am very familiar with those sounds, and was shocked at how easy this was achieved.
Let's hear some samples!
dawman

Post by dawman »

No wine will be served b4 it's time !!

Saturday night I shall try Cubase 4 again.
Ben Walker

Re: Alfonso's Flexor 3 Oxyde Patch

Post by Ben Walker »

Chisel wrote:Let's hear some samples!
And some presets! Come on Jimmy, you're such a tease! :wink:

Ben
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hell I don't even know if this filter will work ? But I am determined to add some more electricity in Modular via CV modules. The developer @ www.synthesizer.com says it can be MIDI controlled as well. I gotta see that. You mean I could turn some knobs on the 88 noters and the patch cords would re position themselves ?? It had to be a typo.

BTW Brotha' Man Ben,

You do have ProWave don't you? If so send me an email, and I will show you what I consider to be the best sound example of wave swept beauty using the stock Waldorf waves. If you like it, then I know you will love the Kyma Capabara's, and JD800's. I use SpaceF FX in the inserts, but they could be swapped with the SSB Modulator, or Celmo's Phaza.
Last edited by dawman on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am currently talking to a chap @ www.tech@kentonuk.com about making this happen. They are very Oberheim crazy there, as their list of retrofits demonstrates.

Some of their laptop DJ / VJ gear, is very cool stuff also. USB controllers for Ableton and Tracktion show they are in the know of the needs of many of us.

also www.analogics.com flattop@suite224.net

This man is also helping out and I will keep my Brothas' posted.

What A Great Site !!
Last edited by dawman on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

For midi control of Moog, MOTM, Oakley modules etc, you could also try the 'PolyDac' (I think that's the name). Gives you some nice features like Poly AT for example. Afaik, It was designed for the Oakley modular by a gentleman called Paul Maddox. That was a few years back though, so there might be better alternatives by now?