VIA PCI performance patch!

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

subhuman

Post by subhuman »

http://www.tecchannel.de/hardware/817/11.html

If this works then one of the major issues with all Via motherboards will finally have a solution after many years! Anyone with a VIA motherboard should read this and do a "before" <a href=http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... masterVerb PCI test</a>, and an "after" the VIA patch installation. I will probably not have a chance to test a VIA again any time soon, so your results are appreciated!
helldriver

Post by helldriver »

Hi Subhuman,
I have tested this patch with my aopen ak72 which contains the via kx133 chipset. The result was bad (lot´s of crackles while I was playing something in cubase).

It doesn´t function with a Via KX133.

So KX133 owners beware.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: helldriver on 2002-02-02 09:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: helldriver on 2002-02-02 09:52 ]</font>
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

They're gone. Pci Overflow messages would popup since i upgraded to version 3, then i applied the patch and they vanished. Chipset: kt133a. Cannot tell to what extent but i will try the masterverbs test and repost

Cheers
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

2 biggO verbs woops, only got a luna2 soooo, sorry guys :grin:
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Just a warning, make a backup first, a few other people reported in other forums, that this hosed their machine. I would hate to see that happen to anyone! :sad:
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

If I may, people who have PC100 ram? consider upgrading to PC133 as it makes such a huge difference.. In fact getting back to PC100 would get those messages to crawl back again even with the via patch applied