Formulas for amplitude envelopes via BPM or LFO ?

Compare notes on how to get the most from Scope devices, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Formulas for amplitude envelopes via BPM or LFO ?

Post by dawman »

I have several versions of the same pads on my Oberheiems, where the only discerning character is the attack of the envelopes. I used it like a swelling of a brass ensemble, but had to literally time them by a digital clock, and pray the drummers' meter was close every time. I still find myself programming in the same archaic way. Now that I have Cubase 4, could someone give me a tip that might save me the same tedious fate. For instance, use the same patch but record the controllers of the envelope so I can still play live but have the controllers shape the envelopes time via BPM or LFO ?
I'm sure that these are basic synth automation tricks for most of you guys, but I am trying to jump into this century, and will be asking some pretty boring questions in relation to creativity in Cubase 4, and Zarg synthesizers.

Humbly My Lords,
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Hey Jimmy. I just posted an example of modular sync using cubase sx3 (cubase4 should load this ok) and a few other scope devices which I'm sure you have. I haven't tried this type of sync with Solaris yet, but should be possible with mod insert.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 430#165430
dawman

Post by dawman »

Fuckin' A Bro',
Right Up My alley. I will let you know.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is very deep. I will study this before I even try to ask any questions. You have all the same great tools I see. SpaceF, Flexor, Cubase, Damn. Do you gig at all with Cubase in a live venue. If so, I am am just converting from hardware, and am a little nervous. It takes some work to crash this app. So far it is a very mature looking program. Once I learn my way around I will have no problemos, I have been sequencing w. 384 ppq for quite some time.

Thanks For A Look Into The Future,