SDK manual project

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

To all Scope developers:

As we all know, the Scope SDK manual is practically non-existent; the tutorials are short and incomplete. So yesterday I contacted Frank Hund to ask if he would give his blessing to a user-created manual. I plan to have extensive tutorials and full software and module references. Here was his reply:

Dear Shayne,

this is an excellent idea, your initiative is most welcome!
We ourselves find it hard to find these parts that need improvement...

We'll be happy to provide access to such improved documentation to all SDK developers. We'll only object to such release in case someone finds functionality that allows corruption of the platform integrity... but this is surely quite a hypothetical case.

We could set up a forum for (only) that documentation group so that there can be an open discussion of details. We happy for anyone to join but as for the SDK we'll still need an NDA in place.

Please let me know how we further support this idea.

Best regards, Frank

So -- do I have any volunteers? While I could write much of the tutorials, we need some advanced developers who know what some of the more esoteric modules do. Plus those who are skilled at interface design. Is anybody interested?

Thanks!

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
symbiote

Post by symbiote »

I'm up for it. I'm still a newbie but I can contribute stuff about the weird async and anything else I pickup on the way.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I can watch how that project is going on...
I can help in relation to gui design or generalities, or if someone is really going the wrong way. I am ok for this because I can work only with good gui design (if it doesn't please my eyes, i just can't make it work, that's the way it is, so i am willing to help ppl improve this side of things).
Aries

Post by Aries »

I'm a SDK newbie but probably could contribute stuff.
I wonder if Frank could supply us with the nfo files from version 3 of the SDK?. They are not complete in version 4 and that could help us all.
Where would the Forum be set up on the Creamware website or through Planet Z?.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries on 2005-02-23 06:25 ]</font>
Casper

Post by Casper »

Shane, Frank , Andre ?
Is this project still alive ?
Or what's the status?

cheers,
Casper
blazesboylan

Post by blazesboylan »

On 2005-08-05 09:22, Casper wrote:
Shane, Frank , Andre ?