let go..... emotional hip hop

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Electronic,Hip Hop<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Effects,Pulsar Mixers<BR> copyright © mutationrecords<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> here's a track that was writen last night..

my mate top notch doing vocals as well as saying things like i'd like the snare to b like such and such and played the cello sound intially, which led to the guitar riff i did.

it started off as a litle exercise showing TN how to use reason and scope. but we believe it's a track that could b damn good.

more vocals are to b added (TN is in the process of writing the rest) plus a female part for the chorus (where the guitaring is constant)

i was wondering if any body when listening, gets some sparks of good ideas of how to develop the track.. perticular sounds to introduce, percusion blah blah..

also cheers to the guy's who commented on the rush hour post.

moskeeto..some nice ideas.

hub and basic...thanks for the praise very much respect your opinions due to the quality of you own tracks.

braincell..u can have a seperate arange window in reason so u can zoom in and see all tracks. i've used FL and for some reason don't really like it, but i would like redrum to b like the patern edit in FL so u can see all drum parts together..

cheers.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Great vocals.

I started using Reason a lot recently. Previously rewire didn't work for me. I don't know why but it's working perfectly now with my laptop but the VSTi is too slow. Maybe they don't work at the same time. Rewire makes it like Reason is a part of Cubase. It's amazing. I like the shuffle feature in Reason so I imported midi tracks from Cubase into Reason and then record them into Cubase.
I have played with the groove quantize in Cubase but I can't get it to sound the same as shuffle in Reason. I guess I could save a step by recording midi in Reason but I just don't like the sequencer. Maybe because I'm not used to it. I'm using Redrum and Maelstom. It's pretty nice. I like that you can make music in bed. I think the Prodigy guy said the same thing recently.
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

nice one braincell, glad you like the vocals. Yep Reason kicks, i've never used the shuffle yet.. will mess around with it..

anyway... some great idea's!!!!!!! :smile:

anyone..
Basic Pitch

Post by Basic Pitch »

For some reason I hear im my mind some distorted scratches/cuts from a DJ, sparse but used in the nature of fills, almost in the same way the linkin Park does, since this track is more euro hi-hop sounding why not bring some electronic contemporary edge to the track.

SO far I like the beat a lot, also, what about a nice deep sub like bass sort of a question and answer nuskool style, might sound good.

Like it so far, keep on!

Cheers!
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

hey. hi Basic.

thanks for the input some nice ideas. think i will implement them all.

Cheers
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

make it live! break something into a theme

nice sound and space and feel :smile:

i want more!
hubird

Post by hubird »

if the ambience is part of the samples, I would put an envelope on the amps, to get rid of it.
you could just keep enough to get a sound, instead of an ambience :smile:
i know, it's a matter of taste :smile:
mr swim

Post by mr swim »

Hi,

Like the track, this is definitely a good start ! Sort of 'streets' vibe but of course its own sound really

Agree with a fellow poster that a very small amount of scratching might be good - maybe have it coming in later when the track gets to its climax (as it were) - maybe around the theme of some vocals ? Someone saying something relevant, but then scratched up ? (what about using that 'scratch'-like module in flexor ?)

The other think is I reckon a sort of quiet interlude half way through would be good - would increase the potency of a return to the starting theme. I'd do something like take out the bass and drop down a key for a little while, then a quick build up back to the main riffs.

Anyways good luck with it -

W
Liquid EDGE

Post by Liquid EDGE »

thanks alot for the imput hubird and mr swim

hubird. wot perticular sound are you talking about when you speak of the ambience? if you talking about the guitar sound i can easily get rid of/ make the rev less.