Is your NOAHs working OK?

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

spoimala

Post by spoimala »

Today I went to a music store and found a NOH EX there, so I decided to give it a try.

But it was almost unusable device! The midi notes got stuck, and the unit "went mad" many times; it didn't respond to all notes, played back notes I didn't play etc. I had to switch it off and turn on again to be able to use it!

Are there any firmware updates that the store may have forgotten to install?
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

I've never seen that problem. The only problem I have is with locking parameters - I don't lock anything because it behaves very unpredictably in that manner. I program everything with a preset and it works predictably 99% of the time. Once or twice I've had to edit the thing onstage when it somehow decided the mixer output level was negative infinity, or the vocoder analysis in was the wrong channel, and while neither parameter was locked, the preset wasn't resetting them. But mostly it's worked a-ok. It is nice taking the load off the Pulsar card in recording situations - now I wish I hadn't bought all the softsynths (Pro-One, Minimax, Prodyssey) for the Pulsar - but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have known what a great sound it has.