Shortcut for copying AKAI samples from CD to hard disk

Tips and advice for getting the most from Scope. No questions here please.

Moderators: valis, garyb

John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Multiple Akai sample programs can be selected in the file browser using the control key, then copy in the usual manner. If you need to copy multiple sample programs in a more unordered way, you can create a directory - and temporararily replace the path to the Devices folder with the name of the directory that you just created. This way you can easily toggle between the CD drive and the location you want copy to, using the devices/samples toggle button.

Thanks to <A HREF="mailto:Marc_de_Ruiter@randstad.nl">Marc de Ruiter</A>.
korgano

Post by korgano »

i know this is a simple question
but please somebody answer me

how can i copy akai samples in pulsar enviroment on the hard disk
i have tried but as i press cont+c or copy in pulsar file browser, i can not paste in folder i ve choosed...???

help,help
thanx
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Stardard windows shortcut keys are

Control+C -- Copy
Control+V -- Paste

I think Mac is similiar only with a different key than Control.

Also take a look at the "Edit" pulldown menu in the Pulsar File Browser, Copy and Paste are listed there, too.
korgano

Post by korgano »

thanks to your reply
but as i alredy said ,
when i copy program or folder and try to paste in another folder i ve choosed ,there is nothing to paste?
that is my problem
i work with win98,pulsar 1
same result with pulsar file browser
i copy something and than press paste i can hear something is goin on but i cant find copyed files on HD

roger?

thanks to yo
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

You must be *inside* the directory you're pasting into -- as opposed to simply having the directory selected.

To go *inside* the directory, double click on it, THEN press paste... (hope that works this time?)
ohmelas

Post by ohmelas »

I've had this problem before. I don't think that the question is being asked correctly. When I place an Akai CD into my CD-ROM drive and I wish to copy those files onto the hard-drive, what is the most usable way for me to accomplish this and have them more Pulsar Friendly?

1. The Pulsar format although similar to the Akai Format is slightly different, especially in the way that the hard drive reads it. A Pulsar file doesn't need to be formatted on an Akai formatted disk.

2. The object is to convert all the files on the the Akai disk to a set of files on the hard disk in Pulsar Format and have them loadable and readable and fast.

3. This process is called a batch conversion. It will take all the files on a CD and make them into files that are friendly on your hard drive.

4. Use this program to make it happen.

http://www.chickensys.com/translator/

I've taken a broad based sample library of Akai, Kurzweil and EMU formatted samples and dumped them all into Pulsar friendly formats on the hard drive. You can too.
Howard Salter Dot Com
Musician, Marine Corpsman, and Father
Milwaukee, WI USA
braincell

Post by braincell »

This is excellent. I will try it. What are the limtations of the demo?
at0m

Post by at0m »

Akai CD extract:
http://www.cdxtract.com/