I give up

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kennek4

I give up

Post by kennek4 »

I decided, that an old board with dried out caps, and high risk factor, is not worth the prices that people are asking, because my numbers were obviously WAY off, and I can't rationalize that kind of investment in such risky business!

I would rather support Sonic Cores future, than their past, because even with all the PCI expander boxes, and old PCs with PCI slots available on the market, it's dead end technology!

it's a lot like my old G4 running OS9, which hosts a Korg Oaysys PCI card, which only 2,000 were ever made, sadly, but the point is, as cool as it is, that's as far as it will ever get (unless John Bowen felt like reviving it!) and you can occasionally find them for around $400, as rare as they are! Because you have to have a lot of other very specific stuff, in order to be able to even use it!

Sonic Core is one of those rare companies, that has not crapped all over their user base, and I appreciate that! The fact that you and I, can even use these old cards today, is because they chose to be generous! Do you know how RARE that is? Avid crapped all over the Digi community! There are tons of bricks out there with the Digidesign logo, that would be totally usable, still, if they were to just host the old drivers page! But then they would have to compete against old hardware, from the company that they bought! The same applies to Sonic Core, yet they still provide a link to the past, and I'm grateful, and that's why I'm saving for an Excite 1, instead of buying used!

Thanks for looking at my listings, and I wish you all well!!

Peace!!

Kennek4
dante

Re: I give up

Post by dante »

Yep XITE is the way to go ! Just 6 months ago installed it into latest 8 core mobo setup. Still got the PCI cards in an older machine good as a redundant backup, or a second DAW workstation if the space becomes available.
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

I still have a pc with 3 pci scopes, but most of the time I play with my Xite.
As you wrote, sonic core is great in supporting equipment sold in the past which made me stay with this product.
Some others require permanent online verification, others write bad drivers and drop support early or are permently forcing to do upgrades.
Scope to me acts like a hardware instrument, that just works.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

I would love nothing more than to buy an xite but it has too few inputs for me. I’m currently on the hunt for an A16 which will be my 3rd all plugged into 1 PC via 2x scope cards. I would actually like to get a 4th but I would need an MB with 3 PCI slots whereas mine only has 2
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

16 ADAT
16 Z-Link
2 MIC/DI
2 XLR
1 AES/EBU
All in a mobile rack unit.
How many simultaneous inputs do you need? Are you recording an orchestra or some other professional live recording?

Just curious to know, not judging or anything. :)
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Hah! Yes it is a bit excessive but I have a few drum machines, synths and external effects. 2 of the synths have 8 outputs each (supernova 2, polyevolver)
I can just about connect all my kit into scope but I have a modular synth and in the future I’d like to be able to record more outputs from it than the stereo pair I have connected atm.
I like the convenience of having everything connected so I don’t have to rewire when I want to use a machine that isn’t plugged in. Limited space so would rather not introduce an external mixer.
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.