SCOPE 7 XITE1 ON BOOT CAMP WIN 10 - OS X CATALINA - ANYBODY GOT THIS TO WORK?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

briank

SCOPE 7 XITE1 ON BOOT CAMP WIN 10 - OS X CATALINA - ANYBODY GOT THIS TO WORK?

Post by briank »

I HAVE AN I9, 64GB.GIGABYTE Z390 MOBO WITH THUNDERBOLT 3, DUAL BOOT MAC/WIN10 HACKINTOSH RUNNING OSX CATALINA AND WIN 10 BOOTCAMP
I PURCHASED THE SCOPE XITE EXPRESS CARD AND THE THUNDERBOLT EXPRESS CARD READER AS SHOWN IN THIS LINK
https://www.scopeusers.com/ScopeRise/is ... c_mast.htm
when I launch boot camp and then try to launch the scope 7 software within bootcamp win 10 I get the error:
cannot start software because boards or driver not properly installed / cannot gain access to the scope hardware

if I quit win 10 boot camp and restart the computer and boot into win 10 which my boot camp win 10 virtual machine is utilizing as the same OS , I can launch scope 7 and it works fine, so only the boot camp version is having the issue . does anyone have Xite working on OSX CATALINA BOOT CAMP WIN 10 working? I have seen earlier posts talking about running win 7 boot camp on previous OSX OS's but nothing newer or up to date from those posts that are now several years old.
if anyone knows how they might be able to help me get my version working please let me know.
on the Mac I am utilizing Ableton and now UA'S Luna recording software along with the Apollo X6 interface and 3 UA Octo Satellites. this is a very powerful system and also runs off the sharc dsp chips. UA does not offer nearly the Instruments that SCOPE does however but I think being able to run both these systems in tandem on same computer would be the most powerful and best all-around DSP based DAW computer setup. there are no OSX drivers for the Site so boot camp now is the only option that makes this a possibility. anyone who can help please chime in.
garyb

Re: SCOPE 7 XITE1 ON BOOT CAMP WIN 10 - OS X CATALINA - ANYBODY GOT THIS TO WORK?

Post by garyb »

boot camp should just be a boot into Windows instead of osx. it should be fine.

did you have the XITE connected and powered before powering the computer?

it should not work in a virtual machine.
valis

Re: SCOPE 7 XITE1 ON BOOT CAMP WIN 10 - OS X CATALINA - ANYBODY GOT THIS TO WORK?

Post by valis »

Shouldn't need bootcamp on a hackintosh, you would manage the boot process via a 3rd party bootloader (hackintosh scene has several offerings), a linux bootmanager that's compatible with Win10/OSX, or via your EFI boot menu.

GaryB is correct, you would basically be loading your Xite from your non-OSX Windows boot, so switching over will mean no Xite.
briank

Post by briank »

submachine and Borg both seem to have had it working via boot camp windows virtual windows,, check this link
https://www.scopeusers.com/ScopeRise/is ... c_mast.htm
valis

Post by valis »

boot camp is not virtual windows, it boots directly to windows rather than Mac OS. Also that's an actual Mac, where boot camp is necessary to boot windows as it provides drivers and a compatible HAL & drivers for the Mac EFI architecture (which is different than modern EFI for Windows/linux compatible boards).
garyb

Post by garyb »

yep.