Xite-1 BNC Scope 7

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Xite-1 BNC Scope 7

Post by yayajohn »

Just finished hooking up a BNC distribution to my gear. (Xite, 2- Presonus Digimax FS's, Scope PCI w/sync plate) A16U clocked via Z-link
I bought a mint Lucid GenX6 for $50.
So initially I read somewhere here in the forum that Xite-1 Scope 7 was working only as Master for BNC (I might have had that backwards)
So I set Xite-1 as Master to the Lucid EXT in to re-distibute to the other devices and that didn't seem to work right.
Then I swapped in/outs tried Xite-1 as Slave from the Lucid and it seemed to work just fine?
This Lucid clock only does 44.1 and 48khz sample rate. I don't intend to ever use 96khz on my system.
I will be able to test long term use next week to see if there are any glitches.
Comments Welcome :)
Peter Drake

Re: Xite-1 BNC Scope 7

Post by Peter Drake »

That sounds pretty damn solid. You could probably find something a little more precise than that Lucid and and subsequently sell that unstable piece of crap to a sucker like me for $100, doubling your money. :D :o /sarcasm
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

:lol: sure! You can probably find one for almost just a cheap. Actually if I ever do decide I need a better clock, I can get something like the Black Lion with one output and use this one as a distributor
So the A16 ultra will not do Z-link when you select Word Clock?
I'm guessing that Z-link has it's own clock then taken from the Xite?
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes Z-Link should work, A-16 set to slave and just takes the clock from the master clock. At least from what I recall
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Right, ok thanks. So no need for a BNC connection to the A16 if using Z-link.
spacef

Post by spacef »

I use Z-link as well as adat, on a single a16-ultra, and no clock.
Last edited by spacef on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
plug-ins for scope
SpaceF website
SC website
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

If you want XITE to be the master....It will take a dive in the forums or a simple email to sonic core help to get the full answer, but there are two files in the scope system for the word clock, and you might need to ask them for file #2. By default, I think the slave is enabled. For master mode, you need to save file #1 to a new name, then rename file #2 to be what file#1 was. Then restart scope, or reboot computer.

That sounds like mud, but I’m sure GaryB will remember what I’m talking about.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I use z-link also, which doesn’t use word clock since it’s embedded in the data stream, but that works flawlessly for me.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

ok thanks JK. I'm actually happy that the Xite works as slave. The system seems to work well the way I have it but time will tell.
The only thing I haven't tested yet is the AES/EBU connection from the Xite to the TC Fireworx and that will also be set to slave from the Xite so I guess the Xite will be a "thru clock". I'm betting that won't be a problem either since that was how it was when I was clocking via ADAT.
The Scope PCI computer with the syncplate was fussy when I tried changing samplerates. It also led me to make sure the Lucid master clock is powered on before I start the PCI computer.
dawman

Post by dawman »

spacef wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:07 am I use Z-link as well as adat, on a single a165 ultra, and no clock.

I use Z-Link for the XITE-1/A16U, Hardware Pedals x 2, Organ Module and SE-02 synth.
Bought a Mutec on advice from dNa Ray when I ran BLA modded ADA8200’s and the A16U.
It definitely sounded crisp and precise, actually noticeably better sound than the XITE-1 as Master.
But when just one Converter is used no clock sounds just as good.
Just got muffled when 3 x Converters were used.

Mutec MC3 + USB is way too pricey new, but got mine used on eBay.

I always put in my max bid which was 600 USD.
2 different bozos jacked it up to 1,000 so I figured it was a goner.
Guess they were friends so when pay time came they naturally didn’t buy it.
Goes to the last person with a second chance offer.
Guy was definitely pissed and told me I was stealing it.

Well you shouldn’t try and scam people, you might have got 800 if you were honest.
Pinchy Pendajo....
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

That's a good clock from what I read. I bid on an Apogee Big Ben but it went well over my price threshold. Wasn't really sure if this new setup was going to work as I intended so didn't want to spend too much on it. So far it is working great. BNC cables are not very flexible though :(
Xite AES/EBU to Fireworx still works fine.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Good old Fireworx.
nitri

Post by nitri »

Hi, i have a problem with my xite 1. I have bought a new sound card with a good clock source. When I only had Xite 1 as my main sound card, this was the master clock for other devices. Now i want to synchronize my xite 1 with this clock through the BNC connector but it doesn't work as a slave.

I remember that I changed the file PulsarConfig.pep because Xite 1 could only work this way. I did everything right that time and renamed the files as indicated in the instructions, but now i want to return to slave mode and an error appears "FreqText1 has no background!" and the "Samplerate Settings" panel appears in blank, only with the master and slave controls.

My current version of Scope is 7.0.1706

I need help!!!
nitri

Post by nitri »

Is it known if Sonic Core is working to fix Wordclock sync issues?

Thank you very much for your help and good luck to everyone in these difficult times we are living.

Music is a good antidote to Covid-19 !!!
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes.

however, i sincerely doubt if your new card has a better clock.
nitri

Post by nitri »

Hello, doubts are normal. Since Pulsar 1 I am using Scope based cards. I have had Pulsar 1, Luna with 2x Luna box, 2x Scope SP, A16 Ultra and currently my Xite 1.

Despite major deficiencies in the Scope system such as MIDI management, presets, incompatibility of some plugins to work at 96k, project files that get corrupted ... I am quite satisfied with the quality of my Xite 1. Now I want to use new hardware that is working very well and solves many of Scope's problems. Your question for me has an answer in a personal quality test that I have done, and this test clearly demonstrates a superior audio quality of my new hardware.

Another thing is that I am still very satisfied with my Xite 1 because for synthesizers and process of these with effects it continues being the best option in the market. I can absolutely assure you that my new hardware clock is better than the Xite 1 clock. But the problem is not this, the problem is that the Xite 1 clock simply does not work. At least for me. For this reason I have asked for help in this forum.

My A16 Ultra can sync perfectly with my new hardware but not Xite 1. I can only sync with Xite 1 via Zlink or ADAT. What's more, I cannot synchronize any hardware with the BNC output of my Xite 1.

I would be very grateful if you could help me.
garyb

Post by garyb »

until it is released, how can i help?

i am not against that function being fixed. you asked if there was a fix in progress, and i said "yes".

i know the XITE syncs out via bnc. Z-Link is a good clock connection, why not use it in the mean time? you can use bnc for everything else.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

just to follow up on this. My Scope7 system with a Lucid external BNC clock has been running stable for over a month now.
It is clocking:
Xite-1
3 PCI cards on separate computer
2 Presonus Digimax
A16U via Z-link from Xite
TC Fireworx via AES/EBU from Xite
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

nitri wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:00 am
My A16 Ultra can sync perfectly with my new hardware but not Xite 1. I can only sync with Xite 1 via Zlink or ADAT.
I´m very sorry I have to say this is one of the most idiotic lines I´ve ever read,- because:

WHEN you CAN sync XITE-1 perfectly to A16Ultra,- as you said above,- that cannot mean you can only do it w/ your "new hardware".- whatever this may be.
I´m also not interested in what it is or might be.
You don´t help w/ such scenario because we all know,- BNC sync w/ XITE broke w/ the release of SCOPE 7 (on some, many or most systems),- period.
nitri wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:00 am What's more, I cannot synchronize any hardware with the BNC output of my Xite 1.
BNC sync is broken on XITE since release of SCOPE 7 and it won´t be back before a fix is released.
It´s old hat meanwhile !
nitri wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:00 am I would be very grateful if you could help me.
No help possible from forumites, I fear.
It´s matter of code.

:)

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

yayajohn wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:08 am My Scope7 system with a Lucid external BNC clock has been running stable for over a month now.
It is clocking:
Xite-1
3 PCI cards on separate computer
2 Presonus Digimax
A16U via Z-link from Xite
TC Fireworx via AES/EBU from Xite
64Bit or 32Bit ?
Win 7 or Win 10 ?

:)

Bud