Scope Xite-1 Videos in my blog

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

klartraum

Scope Xite-1 Videos in my blog

Post by klartraum »

Hi,

if someone is interested i post some videos about the new scope xite-1 system in my blog.
so have a look at http://www.klartraum.name

the first video ist about my mastering channel

if you have some requests don`t write emails... leave comments in the blog...

the next step is to use it in daily production life... this really counts...

in the moment it really feels stable... and i had no clicks so far... sadly i had many of them on my scope pro system...

best regards,
Helmut -- http://www.klartraum.name
next to nothing

Re: Scope Xite-1 Videos in my blog

Post by next to nothing »

nice video, thanks!
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

nice video.

I'll probably do one myself once I get my Xite installed and running.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

nice video indeed!

Also some very nice tracks on your website too, i will listen some more later..

I see some of your favorite scope synths are minimax, prodyssey, protone etc.. Did you try the John Bowen stuff like Solaris en Prowave?? If not, ask him to try a demo, they are the best synths for scope
klartraum

Post by klartraum »

RP_001 wrote:nice video indeed!

Also some very nice tracks on your website too, i will listen some more later..

I see some of your favorite scope synths are minimax, prodyssey, protone etc.. Did you try the John Bowen stuff like Solaris en Prowave?? If not, ask him to try a demo, they are the best synths for scope
oh thank you...
i will try them ;)

now that i have enough power ;)

best regards,
helmut
astroman

Post by astroman »

I'm a kind of sea-sick now... :o
didn't you notice the tripod was invented centuries ago ;) :D
and you may consider a script to peek on - stuff like this is extremely counter-productive in advertizing sense, seriously.

Your effort is certainly appreciated, but people are people - in a very simple way.
The clip only prooves the existence of the device, there is no other reason to watch it.
It does not have any content at all.
A spectator isn't really interested in your personal feelings about a particular piece of gear.
He or she 'projects' what they could use it for.
Features or power don't matter... as long as you miss to point out what it's useful for.

maybe that's a bit harsh as a comment for a first time attempt, but if I would have been a potential buyer, I would have sacked the idea of Scope and the Xite alltogether.
It's really that simple - if you fall in love with a girl, it's just 30 seconds that decide about scoring or not.
And I've seen way too much stuff like this recently - some with a serious business background (only marginally better than your very first experiment) ... so just keep rocking and improve the stuff :)

cheers, Tom
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

There's also this one:
http://www.vimeo.com/2951069

More videos to come I'm sure.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am extremely happy to see this........
Thanks Alot Brotha' Man......
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

If I were in you shoes right now..I'd have a video too...but I'm not...yet :wink:

Please make a few more...the tripod & script idea (a little critical) but, well intended.

You have my respect & envy! :wink:
Joel
klartraum

Post by klartraum »

astroman wrote:I'm a kind of sea-sick now... :o
didn't you notice the tripod was invented centuries ago ;) :D
and you may consider a script to peek on - stuff like this is extremely counter-productive in advertizing sense, seriously.

Your effort is certainly appreciated, but people are people - in a very simple way.
The clip only prooves the existence of the device, there is no other reason to watch it.
It does not have any content at all.
A spectator isn't really interested in your personal feelings about a particular piece of gear.
He or she 'projects' what they could use it for.
Features or power don't matter... as long as you miss to point out what it's useful for.

maybe that's a bit harsh as a comment for a first time attempt, but if I would have been a potential buyer, I would have sacked the idea of Scope and the Xite alltogether.
It's really that simple - if you fall in love with a girl, it's just 30 seconds that decide about scoring or not.
And I've seen way too much stuff like this recently - some with a serious business background (only marginally better than your very first experiment) ... so just keep rocking and improve the stuff :)

cheers, Tom

hahaha i`m not the marketing section of soniccore... i`m telling my "personal" expierence of the device... my first expierence is to reproduce the mastering channel strip... and yes for most people the information "it works" is important because the former company creamware was not able to produce really stable devices...
the script idea is cool and i do a short script the next time... ;) but yeah maybe not because i don`t have the time...
maybe i use a screenrecorder this will reduce the seasick factor...

give me some ideas of "content" - thanks

best regards,
helmut
dawman

Post by dawman »

I thought it was pretty nice of you to take the time, but seeings how you want a suggestion....
I always thought Babes & DSP chips were a great combo.
Kind of like a game show.
You could have her pointing out some of the benefits....

Thanks Again....

JAV
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

Script? Tripods? Counter-productive advertising? A spectator isn't really interested in your personal feelings about a particular piece of gear? wtf?

The dude is kind enough to show the piece of kit actually processing sound, which is more than any video has done to date, and asks for suggestions as to what to show on later "episodes".

Fuck scripts, tripods, chromakeying and greenrooms. Leave the objectivety to the reviewers, give me personality.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your kit!
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
astroman

Post by astroman »

ok - it's his Blog... so who am I to comment
but it's labels make it #3 in Google if you enter Scope, Mastering and Video - not such an unusual approach if you're looking for certain examples on the net.
And it's not Blairwitch where a shakin cam adds to the drama of the scene ;)

I never mentioned 'professional' cutting or post-processing.
But the video does not show what he's talking about, you can't read any screen or mixer label due to the camera lens and the sound is... well, what it is...

Of course Helmut isn't related to SonicCore's marketing.
But the idea to promote the Scope environment by videos has been brought up time and again on this board in the past.
As you correctly mention... with few success (unless it was just a couple of synths demonstrated)

One of the reasons of failure was a self-centered adressing 'mode' towards the audience, where a Scope user knew (by own experience) what the presenter had in mind, but anyone unfamiliar with the system didn't get the slightest idea.

To be honest I can't stand the '...it is so powerful - it can do this and that and that and this...possibility here, possibility there... think of what it could, could, could...' blurb anymore.
Just let it do something and focus on that and how easy it is (hopefully...) to achieve.

The stuff is published and this is my public opinion.
Which I consider far from the typical 'yo sux, dude' Tube comments - did you miss the encouraging words entirely ? ;)
I've been through so many horrible presentations on the afforementioned channel, that I'd rather have the XITE stand in a slightly better light.
After all Scope is my favourite (and central) element of audio processing...

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Tomas....
I fear retalliation by posting these videos I have been recieving lately.
This whole video/YouTube thing is becoming so popular.
Helnut's video looks like a pro-level production compared to what I've been viewing lately.
If I could change their titles I would share some of these.
They are truly hysterical.

I told my favorite agent I was looking to put a group together for December '09 and now I have 50 + videos I have looked at. I've the usual horde of sequenced dressed middle aged Bette Midlers, and a half 'o' dozen Elvis's.......... :lol: These people actually think they're talented, or least their GRAND children told them so.....
I am really impressed by a retired Vice cop who claimed he knew me from hanging out w/ the Ruskie gals @ the Monte Carlo.... :o
ANyway I told my agent to get rid of the guy with a request for 3 songs. I asked for Wishbone Ash, Cream and PinkFloyd's Money, and the next day I had 3 video's and this retired cop smokes......... :o
He's Greek American and has the cute little cap and learned every solo note for note and the video was on one of those new inventions called a tripod....
Retired and off duty cops are required to carry a weapon. Because of his Vice and street knowledge, talent and having an armed ( legal ) bodygaurd, the cop gets the gig.
I was impressed at the speed and attention to detail this chap threw at me.
I look forward to this, and if you know a way for me to chnage the titles on these videos, I would love to start a thread and share them.
Last time I laughed this hard was at a Sam Kinnison show in the '90's.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

Thanks for the video much appreciated.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

well we already know the sound right ? :D As far as i am concerned i just need to know it is released and that it works quite well ... so this video is really great for that. I am just waiting for the express card now :roll:
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

thanks for the vid. What is that analyser plugin you're using there?
microraver

Post by microraver »

Nice one, you make me jealous :P

P.L.U.R
Cubase 5,Scope v5.1 XTC,2xScope Project+2x A16 Ultra+PoCo 6000(CL1B+Virus)+UAD2-QUAD(Comp,Rev,EQ)+plugiator Full.Mackie Control+Ext.ASUS P5WDH,CPU Q6600@3GHZ,6GB RAM,2xPCIe Graphics,4 Display's.Win 7 32 & 64bit.
http://soundcloud.com/dominium
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

King of Snake wrote:thanks for the vid. What is that analyser plugin you're using there?
I also had that very same analyzer when I was on scope 3.1c. It's a freeware scope analyzer, but unfortunately I don't have it anymore and don't know where I can find it.:(

Nice video by the way, Klartraum.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

The Analyzer Helmut is using is the 30-Band Analyzer made by Wolfgang Wanko. You can find it on the 2nd page of the massive Scope device resource at http://www.steckenleiter.de/

Nice to see you on PlanetZ Helmut! :)