re-flash NOAH EX

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: re-flash NOAH EX

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am
To install plug-ins NOAH:

1. Create a shortcut on your desktop from this location "C: \ Noah \ App \ Bin \ PluginInstaller.exe"
That´s what I did meanwhile.
Now please read carefully all my questions (labeled Q#) below !

When I doubleclick,- it asks for the installation destination,- SFP and/ or NOAH.

Q1:
WHICH destination WHEN NOAH EX is flashed w/ new OS and all the plugins,- except Pro12/Profit-5 ?
brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am 2. Drag the necessary OXE files to PluginInstaller.exe shortcut you created on the desktop
Which of the .oxe - files ARE necessary and for what ?
As I already said,- I don´t have any clue how to deal w/ .oxe files,- I never had to w/ SCOPE PCI or XITE.

I guess,- only guess (!!!),- all the devices which are now (pre- ?) "installed" in NOAH EX after the flash procedure w/ the large .dmp file containing OS and ALL (incl. optional) devices,- except Profit-5,- now HAVE to be installed in the Editor (SFP ?) via .oxe files ? Yes/No ?

If yes,- how ?

Q 2:
How to enter the key for the "CW Noah Editor" ? (when I open the Editor it doesn´t ask for a key but I got one)

Q3:
There are 2 files, "noah_nokeys.oxe" and "noah-ex-nokeys.oxe" ...
When I drag the latter to the shortcut of "PluginInstaller.exe,- which key/keys are related ?
Is this .oxe file only useful WHEN I had a complete .rgy.-keyfile ?
Is it obsolete when I don´t have a complete .rgy-keyfile ?

Q4
WHEN I don´t have a complete .rgy-keyfile,- which of the .oxe files should I use 1st ?
Is there any sequential order required when NOAH EX is flashed all new ?

below is what I have:

noah_eds8i_nokeys.oxe (I don´t have a key for EDS8i !) - I´ll delete/remove from NOAH IF anyway.

noah_ex_nokeys.oxe ( ??? ) - Which key to enter ?

(noah_nokeys.oxe)

noah_prodyssey_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_profit5_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_pro-one_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_six-string_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_vectron_nokeys.oxe (no key available) ... possibly "Synthesizer Package-2" ?

Lightwave,- no .oxe-file and no key available,- possibly "Synthesizer Package-2" ?

Q5:
Shall I begin w/ "noah_vectron_nokeys.oxe" and enter Synthesizer Package 2 key ?

And again the question: How to enter the NOAH Editor key ? Or is it obsolete ???
And when doin´ all this,- PluginInstaller installation destination is what ? SFP and/ or NOAH ?
I have no clue if .oxe files just only activate what´s installed in NOAH or if they install something over the all new flashed content in NOAH.

Q6:
I have individual keys,- but NO .oxe-files for:
Minimax, B-2003, Vocodizer and Interpole
How to deal w/ THAT ?
brookesy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:24 am 3. You should get messages appearing from the application that you need to synchronize but it tends to take care of itself
???

Sorry for being a complete idiot in regards of NOAH EX installation/activation after flash w/ latest OS and all devices except Pro12/Profit-5,- but I really am.
In all the docs and manuals, there are zero instructions how to do that,- possibly because NOAH devices were sold w/ already activated devices and only optional devices came w/ such instructions after purchase.

b.t.w.,- this is how the original .rgy keyfile from 1st owner looks after I backuped before flashing NOAH EX all new ...
former owner keyfile.jpg
former owner keyfile.jpg (138.9 KiB) Viewed 20749 times
Is that usable, possibly for usage w/ "noah_ex_nokeys.oxe" ???

thx in advance for help !

:)

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's not a keyfile.
oxes are packed files that should install into the proper directories.

the Noah_nokeys.oxe zip has all the oxe install files.
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Bud, I can see you're getting frustrated with this and for good reason. Hopefully, I can find some answers to your questions but I'll need a few days. Unless there is a communication problem between the NOAH and the computer, I'm sure we can fix it but be patient and let's do things one step at a time.
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Give me an example of the keyfiles that support sent you.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:27 am that's not a keyfile.
O.k., ...
garyb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:27 am oxes are packed files that should install into the proper directories.
The directories in the editor software on computer, I guess ... right ?

So, consequently, the installation location should be "SFP" only when I use the "PliuginInstaller" application ?
There are 2 checkboxes,- NOAH and SFP.
SFP is ticked by default.

If yes and when the work is done,- how do I get the plugins activated in NOAH ?
Is this what the synchronizer in the editor does and how should it be set up to do so ?
garyb wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:27 am the Noah_nokeys.oxe zip has all the oxe install files.
Maybe, but I cannot interpret ´em as "ALL" ... and I have no clue of how to begin with.
I´m tired of re-flashing NOAH EX every time I entered wrong keys and saved !

Again,- this is what´s in that package and what I have:

noah_eds8i_nokeys.oxe (no key available)

noah_ex_nokeys.oxe ( ??? ) - Which key to enter ?

(noah_nokeys.oxe)

noah_prodyssey_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_profit5_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_pro-one_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_six-string_nokeys.oxe (dedicated key available)

noah_vectron_nokeys.oxe (no key available) ... possibly "Synthesizer Package-2" ?

Lightwave,- no .oxe-file and no key available,- possibly "Synthesizer Package-2" ?

That´s it,- and there´s no .oxe-file (or anything else) for the Editor application itself,- but I have a key for it and don´t know how to use that key.
When installing the editor, it doesn´t ask for a key.
Is that normal and is the editor incl. plugininstaller, synchronizer etc. fully functional when no key is entered for activation.
When the editor works 100% w/o activation, what´s the key for ?

sorry for asking,- but I have no other chance to get it done !

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:40 pm Give me an example of the keyfiles that support sent you.
PM sent !

Bud
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Replied!

☺️
garyb

Post by garyb »

afaik, you have the keys that are needed.

the editor doesn't need a key.

you want the keys in the Noah, right?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 am afaik, you have the keys that are needed.

the editor doesn't need a key.

you want the keys in the Noah, right?
Hi Gary !

Again,- I´m happy about I got keys at all !!!

But I´d need a step-by-step advise HOW TO activate the complete "noah_default_edsp_prod.dmp" I flashed NOAH EX with,- by using the single keys and WHEN no complete keyfile is available.

I wonder if I´d need .oxe-files at all to do so. Do I and why ?
Up to now I understood .oxe-file are installation files.
But what to install in NOAH (EX) when all the devices are already existing in NOAH by the flash procedure.

For the 1st time I´m way to stupid to understand the process,- it appears not to be logic to me, sorry.

I hoped to find all the instructions in the manuals and readmes, but no.
The manual explains frontpanel layout and hardware functionality of NOAH (EX) and how to edit the devices parameters as well as all the virtual buttons and windows of the NOAH Remote Editor software as a replacement to the NOAH hardware haptics,- but nothing about installation/activation of devices at all.
Info like "this is the registry window where you can read all your activations" or such are meaningless info.

You now, when I try to load any installed device from NOAH EX frontpanel, on the computer a window opens w/ a "request string".
That request string is of no use since the server doesn´t exist anymore.
So,- when I enter a key,- p.ex. for Interpole (and because I have a individual key for Interpole",- I simply get copy protect violation error.
I don´t get when I load B-2003 and enter that key and save.
Just an example ...

AND,- up to now, I ´didn´t use .oxe-files at all.

Is there any correleation of using/not using .oxe-files and copy protect violation error messaages in NOAH EX display ?

What do I miss in regards of the installation of the devices,-p.ex. on computer in Remote editor software ?
Actually nothing installed in NOAH EX by the flash rpocess appears in the editor software.
I cannot load the devices in the editor even synchronization works automatic,- once I entered any key and saved, these appear in the Remote editor´s registry.
But also invalid ones !
And none of the device in NOAH hardware are activated then.
It´s like rat race ...

Bud
astroman

Post by astroman »

Not a big help, but just for clarification:
the .oxe files are packages (as Gary mentioned) that are copied to the base directory and automatically expand to each device‘s respective location when Scope (in your case Noah) is restarted (as far as I remember from the old days).
Originally they included keys, but this changed with the introduction of nokeys.oxe.
If you don‘t have remote access to Noah‘s file system, the .oxes put everything into the proper target location.
(otherwise you could as well do a manual file transfer, there‘s nothing special in those .oxes)
This may fail if the real name of the target is different from the supposed one - not likely, but mentioned for completeness.

You may have any number of wrong keys in your registry, it only matters if no right key is found.
(for some time I used keyfiles that included keys from former cards, which were simply ignored)
best of luck...
garyb

Post by garyb »

there is no step-by-step instruction.

first, flash the Noah OS, then use the oxes. enter the keys when needed.
i seem to remember that the remote software would manage the installation, but i really don't remember....
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:22 am there is no step-by-step instruction.

first, flash the Noah OS, then use the oxes. enter the keys when needed.
i seem to remember that the remote software would manage the installation, but i really don't remember....

O.k. ...

NOAH EX is flashed already,- I can scroll thru every device, EDS8i and Prodyssey included,- except Profit-5.
The devices ask for keys once I try loading (NOAH display: "please enter key") and in Editor the activation window opens automatic w/ "request string" and blank area to copy/paste key.
I copy/paste key being asked for saving,- and save.
That should be it,- no ?

When using the oxes, the plugininstaller.exe (part of NOAH editor) is involved.
It asks for installation destinations,- "SFP", "NOAH" or both !
Default is SFP ... :-?

Do I need to tick both the checkboxes to make sure, devices in NOAH EX and the Remote Editor environment will be activated,- or leave it on "SFP" (or "Noah" alone),- maybe because the software and hardware synchronize later anyway,- and exchange info ???

I cannot enter any key before I decide for one or the other or both installation path !

thx in advance

Bud
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Hi Bud,

Please read this,

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36891&p=349783#p349783

follow it carefully, step by step. Hopefully the rgy file I made you will work
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

brookesy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:14 am Hi Bud,

Please read this,

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36891&p=349783#p349783

follow it carefully, step by step. Hopefully the rgy file I made you will work
The link doesn´t work for me and guides to your latest post I reply to actually.

The/your .rgy doesn´t work too unfortunately ... :(
corrupt data in registry.JPG
corrupt data in registry.JPG (116.34 KiB) Viewed 20521 times

Bud
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

I flashed again and tried the oxes ...

Interpole key didn´t work,- SixString too ...

When I tried to enter the "Synthesizer Package 2" key to activate Lightwave,- I got the following message ...

LW_Synthpack2_GEQ.JPG
LW_Synthpack2_GEQ.JPG (153.24 KiB) Viewed 20521 times

:(

a nitemare ...

I now again flashed NOAH EX successfully ...

Noah EX flashed successfully.JPG
Noah EX flashed successfully.JPG (76 KiB) Viewed 20521 times

But now, I again have no clue about how to make it work as it did w/ the v1.0 OS and the set of devices which lacked EDS8i, Prodysey and Profit-5.

There MUST be a way activating the devices in NOAH EX and Noah remote editor software,- no ?

@Gary:

Do you think the keyserver will be up again one day, so there´sa chance to get a fully working keyfile (.rgy) later ?

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

dunno...
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

that´s what I feared ...
garyb

Post by garyb »

it is NOT a key problem.

there does seem to be a procedural problem, but i don't know what it is.
the registration window in the latest screenshot isn't a device window. there's no device name at the top. it must be the editor asking for a key, but i don't know. it's been years since i did this, like a lot of years. write me at support again and give the serial number again. i'll have him export a keyfile instead of as text, but there is no reason that the text wouldn't work. i've used text before.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm it is NOT a key problem.

there does seem to be a procedural problem,...
Yes, I think so too.
But can also be, theres a faulty key in between.
We had such case w/ a "ProTone" key for Xite years ago when there were the special bundles of SCOPE and devices on offer.
It was no biggie and been sorted out quick though. 8)
garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm ... but i don't know what it is.
I´m helpless too !
garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm the registration window in the latest screenshot isn't a device window. there's no device name at the top.
Well, after I pasted "Synthesizer package 2" key from clipboard into the activation window, at least Lightwave device appeared in the live-bar ...
But Noah´s display still said "copy protect violation error - please reboot".

OTOH I know you guys know how to make keys.
99.9% worked for me for PCI and XITE in the past,- but unfortunately not this time.
garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm ... it must be the editor asking for a key, but i don't know. it's been years since i did this, like a lot of years.
Yeah, I can imagine it´s hard to remember, especially because such task is more or less rare and has to be done not much often !
I guess most users bought Noah and used it as it is except editing presets and performaces,- occasionally bought an additional device and installed.
It´s by far not the same than flashing the unit and activate all again.
Even my buddy and tech, NOAH EX owner too, is helpless because he never ever had to flash his unit which already came w/ latest OS and v1.1 editor/drivers.
In the past, he just only installed 2 formerly optional devices in addition, but also has a hard time to remember.

And yes, the usage of the editor, for me, is somewhat confusing in regards of installation/activation.
garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm write me at support again and give the serial number again.
I do now !
garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm ... i'll have him export a keyfile instead of as text,...
thx a lot for all, Gary !
garyb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:57 pm but there is no reason that the text wouldn't work. i've used text before.
Yeah, but as I said before,- it seems I´m too stupid to find the correct way to do so unfortunately.

best

Bud
brookesy

Post by brookesy »

Last edited by brookesy on Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.