NOAH ... how to

Discuss the Creamware Noah

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

NOAH ... how to

Post by Bud Weiser »

... read out and/or export keys of installed devices WHEN no computer w/ Win XP for use of NOAH Remote software is available ?

Is there any task available to perform keyfile export of NOAH registry to p.ex. USB stick/ CF card/ MIDI dump or whatelse by just only using the front panel display, buttons and system menue ?
I downloaded all what´s available, but no word in NOAH hardware manual,- except, I see a registry picture in the Remote Software manual.

I´m dealing w/ a seller being unable to tell me what´s installed.
Original owner was his father and original box, installation media as also keys are lost.
The guy has no old computer to install the remote software downloadable from S|C server as also I doubt he would learn the software quickly or ever.

:)

Bud
garyb

Re: NOAH ... how to

Post by garyb »

it does not matter what is installed. SC support will provide a complete keyfile, if needed.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:22 am it does not matter what is installed. SC support will provide a complete keyfile, if needed.
Wow, that´s great !!!
Thx a lot for chiming in Gary !
I emailed Holger but got no reply up to now, so I guess he´s too busy and/or unavailable a.t.m.

I think I´ll buy it now and come back to support/you when I got it.

Bud
Bud Weiser

NOAH EX keys, RES prefered Win version & CF card specs

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:22 am it does not matter what is installed. SC support will provide a complete keyfile, if needed.
Hello Gary !

It´s here now ... and I´m surprised I got a unit in quasi sealed orig. box, w/ filled out warranty card, user manual and tech reference manual, power cord and coming professional double boxed in mint condition.
Just only 1 hard to recognize small/minor scratch on top and very few minor scratches on bottom.
No significant rackrash, not even at the rackears.

I just made unboxing pics and checked frontpanel functionality and display.
The latter is clear and bright, like new and all he buttons and rotary encoders work perfect.
Didn´tmake an audio/MIDI test because I´d have to set up upstairs before possible.

I can select from B-2003, Interpole, Lightwave, Minimax, ProOne, SixString, VectronP, Vocodizer, ... Version 1.0, 2003-5-6.

Does your reply above above mean, the "complete" keyfile will contain optional devices Prodyssey and Profit-5 too ?
I see zipped additional files for Profit-5 in the latest software installer from S|C server, but no word in the manuals about how to use these.
Any Idea ?

For the Remote Editor software, is it best to use WinXP Pro SP2 or did WinXP Pro SP3 work too ?

Also,-
I´m actually investigating in CF cards.
Which is compatible, which isn´t ?
Because of production era of the machine, I can imagine there are limitations.

I wonder if it will accept cards larger than 1GB,- does it and what´s the limit,- 512MB, 1GB, 2GB,- or more still ?
Right format is FAT, FAT16, Fat32 ?

thx in advance

Bud
Last edited by Bud Weiser on Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, all devices are included.

actually, there is zero support for the Noah.

any version of XP should be fine.

yep, i don't remember what the card limit is, i think it's 256, but i could be wrong. 512 might work...i don't remember the format, but the unit should format the card.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:25 am yes, all devices are included.

actually, there is zero support for the Noah.

any version of XP should be fine.

yep, i don't remember what the card limit is, i think it's 256, but i could be wrong. 512 might work...i don't remember the format, but the unit should format the card.
Thank you, that was quick !!!
You beat me while I edited topic and content of last post above.

But all said it seems.
I´m aware there´s no support for NOAH anymore and since CW is out of biz,- but try my best to get most out of NOAH EX next days.

How to get the complete keyfile ?
PM you or write to support ?

thx again !

Bud
garyb

Post by garyb »

please write to support.

the keyserver i usually use is down at the moment, so getting keyfiles takes a couple of days of email exchange. we'll get the keys for you, though. you'll need the unit's serial number to have keys made.

i am sure that you can get plenty of good use out of your new Noah!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

garyb wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:17 am please write to support.

the keyserver i usually use is down at the moment, so getting keyfiles takes a couple of days of email exchange. we'll get the keys for you, though. you'll need the unit's serial number to have keys made.

i am sure that you can get plenty of good use out of your new Noah!
Thank you,-

O.k., I will do upcoming week then and in addition request free Orbitone keys for SCOPE v7 PCI and v7 XITE.
In addition, I´ll come up w/ a key transfer request for some devices,- XITE-1 to PCI and after I copied keyfiles for email transfer.
So,- all in one go and S|C can make some EUR at least.

have a nice weekend

Bud