Music at the Z

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

nillwatson532

Re: Music at the Z

Post by nillwatson532 »

I’ve never been able to recover my workflow since losing VDAT.

I can’t use a DAW very well as my impatience and lack of knowledge ruins my creativity.

But waiting for Maschine Plus next week and hope to overcome my mental block having hardware instead of a mouse.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I am composing a symphony, (four related movements that is). It is something I have always wanted to do. Of course, I still like jazz fusion very much but as I mature with age I get more and more interested in classical-orchestral music. I think it is fascinating how the different textures can represent your deepest emotions. It really is engaging and charming in a very immersive way, like nothing else I know. I love to work with orchestral instruments as today these instruments can be so realistic, with all the articulations offered and so on, it is wonderful to get in there, it really is.

When I finish it, I will, hopefully, post it in the Z, as a retrospective gift to all musicians and friends in here.

I have already finished the first three movements, I am working in the last one, the forth movement which seems to be the longest one. This is going to be my humble contribution to you guys, my old friends, hopefully, to make you feel a few intense human emotions that could link us together deeply, alas the distance and the days we are going through.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
valis

Post by valis »

Thanks for sharing Nestor, look forward to hearing it!
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

My latest psy/goa album, made with Xite, Bitwig and a small eurorack: https://resonantearth.bandcamp.com/albu ... -relations
nebelfuerst

Post by nebelfuerst »

Nice. Songs 7 and 8 are my fav.
\\\ *** l 0 v e | X I T E *** ///
dante

Post by dante »

Nestor wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:03 pm I am composing a symphony, (four related movements that is). It is something I have always wanted to do. Of course, I still like jazz fusion very much but as I mature with age I get more and more interested in classical-orchestral music.
After the symphony, you can combine classical w/- the jazz fusion and get the best of both worlds Mahavishnu style.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes, why not, cool mixture :)
valis

Post by valis »

nebelfuerst wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:23 am Nice. Songs 7 and 8 are my fav.
Nodding my head the most to 9 :)
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

valis wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:28 pm
nebelfuerst wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:23 am Nice. Songs 7 and 8 are my fav.
Nodding my head the most to 9 :)
Thanks, impressed you actually listen through the tracks :)

Number 9 was bit special, since I was experimenting with building my own sequencer in Scope to get just the right slide and accent for acid sequencing, and bassline and many of the sounds are sequenced using that.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I've finished the symphony, where should I upload it? Sorry for the silly question. Thanks.
valis

Post by valis »

Pm me
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I sure did
dante

Post by dante »

Nestor wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:38 pm I've finished the symphony, where should I upload it? Sorry for the silly question. Thanks.
Soundcloud. You can make it public - or private and give password here.
valis

Post by valis »

He wants high quality (I presume streaming as well as) flac or etc for downloads, my suggestion to him in pm was to give me time to look for something more suited to orchestral work that he could use as a foundation for his online works in this domain. Do you have recommendation for that?
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

high res flac? mp3 will be better...
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thank you Valis for your kindness.
I will post is the simplest way, which is with a new post from zero. Thank you again! As I am still moderator in terms of the system, I will delete your post once I have posted it myself
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Hello friends. Happy Christmas for everybody! :)

My gift it is in fact related to Christmas as it has been inspired by the Roman Saturnalias of old times, and so, to the winter solstice. The four movements relate to the Saturnalias commemorations of the magic world and the spiritual journey man is supposed to walk, through his lifetime on earth, in accordance to the teachings of the so called, "pagan philosophy", origin of today's Christmas celebrations by the way. The name of the symphony is NATALE INVICTI SOLIS, which in Latin means THE BIRTH OF THE UNBEATEN SUN.

The name of the individual movements are:

1 – Fragility
2 – Justice
3 – The Apostolate
4 – The Emperor

Roughly, I can say the first movement is the falling into darkness, the experience of failure, of being lost in life and without a clue of what is going on, it is the weakening of the human soul through its own mistakes and the harm caused to others. The second movement is about what you have to pay because of your failures, the justice hidden behind life comes back to you, it comes after you so you pay your bad actions through pain, repentance and understanding. The third is the aspiration of returning to the light, of coming back to a life without hate, without anger, but is going to be difficult because you will go through many trials, you will be observed and judged; trials, errors and rectifications are going to be your life to finally achieve your inner balance. The fourth movement pretends to recreate the countless experiences you will need to go through to conquer yourself and finally be free from your own shadows and mistakes, returning to the light of the Saturnalias, which is your own Spirit.

I would suggest to listen to the four movements in a row, which is pretty long, I know, is about 85 minutes in all, but it’s going to be the best way to get into it. Listen to them through headphones, if possible, with your eyes closed and with a generous amount of gain, as the dynamic rage is pretty open, pretty wide. Of course, you can listen to this music as you wish, just understand this symphony is my baby, so I want for you to listen at it wholeheartedly.

I think that I have done it in…, about a year? More and less, yes, I think that it was about a year. The first movement has 74 tracks, the second about the same, perhaps a few less than that but I don’t remember now, the third it has 150 tracks and the fourth 367, crazy yes, the largest project! Why so many tracks? Because of the articulations and details, I found it was the easiest way of getting into the ideas in the fastest way too.

You will see that there is a melody in the first one, which suggests what has been lost, or the beauty of what has been lost, then this melody is retaken in many, many ways, through the four movements, it comes back in the mood of the situation. You musicians, will get it immediately for sure.

Well, thanks to Valis for allowing me to post it here, it is big and he was kind enough to do it for me. Happy Christmas or, should I say, Happy Saturnalias, to all of you!

Cheers
Néstor

Links to the movements:

Music/Nestor_Orchestra/1-La_Fragilidad.flac
Music/Nestor_Orchestra/2-La_Justicia.flac
Music/Nestor_Orchestra/3-El_Apostolado.flac
Music/Nestor_Orchestra/4-El_Emperador.flac

Note: If you have problems listening at the tracks on this page, please, download them using the same link and problem solved, cheers.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

fra77x2 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:23 am high res flac? mp3 will be better...
Well, I wanted to pass them to you in a good quality. You can always convert them yourself to the desired format, no problem.
valis

Post by valis »

Thank you Nestor, I am incredibly happy to see you here, and know that you’re OK. This gift is on point and I was in need of something to do, how amazingly timely.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

valis wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:30 pm Thank you Nestor, I am incredibly happy to see you here, and know that you’re OK. This gift is on point and I was in need of something to do, how amazingly timely.
Oh well, thank you Valis for such a warm welcome message! I appreciated it.

I have been a fan of Planet Z for many, many years. Life have changed my priorities nevertheless, beyond my will. Too many things to do and the times we are going through don’t really help either, but I can’t live without music, it really is impossible for me without music. Music is my refuge against all odds.

Bu I don’t participate into Planet Z the way I used to, and I’m sorry for that.