NSA on the internet is looking better and more trustworthy

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

NSA on the internet is looking better and more trustworthy

Post by Sounddesigner »

Talking about the NSA offer at Sonic Core's website not the secret US Government Agency wich operates unconstitutionally. Sonic Core is having a huge NSA sale were they offer 4 pricey items for 99 Euro here - http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 36&lang=de

Even Eric Snowden could'nt have predicted this attractiveness and betterment of NSA. Too bad i already own most of what they're selling in the bargain deal.

Now - Short - Available

EDITED
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jksuperstar

Re: NSA on the internet is looking better and more trust wor

Post by jksuperstar »

Interesting they're making an effort to get everyone up to date with 5.1. Sounds like a nice funding project toward the ultimate release of 6?

It's a friggin' steal for those not up to date yet. Those still on 4.something will get the full sampling/mixer/synth packs, plus the 3 new inclusions of Mod IV, Prodyssey, and ProTone. Amazing.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Is the 5.1 version Win7 ready? Sorry for the silly question, but I have been out of these upgrades for such a long time already...

Anyway, I'm a Pulsar I Plus user, which means I have only 4 sharks, I imagine I will not be able to use halve of it... :P
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

32-bit works great. Doesn't seem to matter for XP or Win7 (I've run it on both).

x64, isn't 100%. Sequencers in SB404 or modular, for example.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

jksuperstar wrote:x64, isn't 100%. Sequencers in SB404 or modular, for example.
That's the same in XP, nothing to do with 64-bit.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

jksuperstar wrote:Interesting they're making an effort to get everyone up to date with 5.1. Sounds like a nice funding project toward the ultimate release of 6?
Yea, i figured it might be a funding project for SCOPE 6 . Wich is a good thing if funds are needed and it works. Doing whatever it takes is a good thing long as it's morally and ethically appropriate, and S|C seems to be doing this. I see several developers have SDK 6 wich leads me to believing the release for SCOPE 6 is nigh. But of course soon with S|C still can be a long time, even if they're almost finished :) .

I own everything except Protone in that offer so it aint that great of a offer for me (may get protone some day tho, especially for the more modular concept of SCOPE 6), but a absolute steal for someone who does'nt own any of those items. This is one of the best bargains one could ever come across. Heck, the Tape delay in Modular 4 is probably worth 99+ euros by itself and that's just one module.

PS. These huge discounts can have a negative affect of course, but several positives can come from them as well. I remember the previous owner of Creamware Frank Hund stating that - when people take advantage of huge software sales they end up buying more hardware :D .
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Mr Arkadin wrote:
When exactly did it break then? I know I had built-in seq working (admittedly a long time ago).
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

jksuperstar wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:
When exactly did it break then? I know I had built-in seq working (admittedly a long time ago).
The sale has a great value for money, but buyers should be aware that sample related devices/modules does not work correctly in 64bit mode. It will not be fixed either.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

jksuperstar wrote: When exactly did it break then? I know I had built-in seq working (admittedly a long time ago).
Either 5.0 or 5.1. Was OK in previous versions.
braincell

Re: NSA on the internet is looking better and more trustwort

Post by braincell »

All I want/need is the modular so it's not such an amazing savings for me. That is the problem with these bundles.
dawman

Post by dawman »

braincell wrote:All I want/need is the modular so it's not such an amazing savings for me. That is the problem with these bundles.
You won't break down and buy anything any ways.
Attachments
WHY DONT "THEY" CONSIDER MY FEELINGS...???
WHY DONT "THEY" CONSIDER MY FEELINGS...???
BeckCrying_1f6ab.jpg (11.83 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
Last edited by dawman on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

$99 for ModIV is a good deal IMO.
...and you basically get the other goodies for free - depending on how you look at it.

G
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Is modular 4 only 32bit?

I've seen it mentioned that not all modules will work on 64bit (which I can live with) but I cant even get the installer to run due to the architecture. Cant seem to find a 64bit version on he FTP site either?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
R
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Ah right - it does work with 64bit according to this thread:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... 64#p284439

But not the installer :-?
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

There is a zip file instead of the installer here:
ftp://sonic-core.net/software/scope5/pl ... ular%20IV/

However, you may need an updated file for the Tape Delay.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I finally got to spend some quality time at high volumes with the Prodyssey and the proTone. I layered them together, added a little dNa MasterCOMP (with Analog enabled), sprinkled a bit of Celmo's Ganja delay, a little of Colorado's Finest (ok, a lot), rolled it all up, and that was some deep thick, smokin' basslines. Nikola Tesla couldn't shake the neighborhood any better.

Damn, now I know why Jimmy's nipples are always cutting glass...

I do need a good Leslie emulator now. Time to hit the Modular, which happens to be included in the bundle.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hardware or software...?

Sharc DSP based Ventillator is excellent in stereo.
Or at0m's M3 here http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php ... ie#p267399
The B2003 isn't a spot on Hammond but the Rotary is pretty good.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I like the rotary effect on deep, growling (overdriven resonance) bass sounds. Its one of the few effects that adds plenty of movement so the sound isn't so sterile & boring, but without making things muddy.

I'd prefer something within SCOPE. I'll play with the at0m-ic Leslie you pointed to, thanks!
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

create your own with an lfo and panning control

2 constant frequency controls with 3 way switch 0ff /slow frequency/fast frequency to lfo frequency input

lfo to panning circuit and a dual tube modules for the tube fx

if you time the frequencies right you can get a good leslie simulation

i have added this fx for the kawai k3 emulation as its additive engine can create all b3 drawbar additive sounds but only had a chorus fx

but when you put a k3 through a leslie speaker you can get some great organ patches going

and if you set each osc to 2 different waveforms and modulate the crossfade function you can get organ morphing sounds from organ drawbar wave to harsh digital wave
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

jksuperstar wrote:
I'd prefer something within SCOPE. I'll play with the at0m-ic Leslie you pointed to, thanks!
The NEO Ventilator mk I was realized w/ help of SCOPE SDK, so it would be easy to have Ventilator in SCOPE environment once Guido from NEO would be willing to release as a SCOPE device.

There´s now also the little brother of Ventilator in the pipeline for guitar players and the Ventilator mk II comes too,- 1st as a stomp box design and later as a rackmount device.

Any external hardware Ventilator unit would make B2003 sound excellent I think, just because of the better overdrive of the Vent.
A device for SCOPE environment would be ice of the cake though,- and it would be somewhat cheaper too.

I´d buy a VENT device for XITE in a heartbeat, but how many here would buy that too ?

Bud