NSA on the internet is looking better and more trustworthy

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: NSA on the internet is looking better and more trustwort

Post by Bud Weiser »

jhulk wrote:create your own with an lfo and panning control

2 constant frequency controls with 3 way switch 0ff /slow frequency/fast frequency to lfo frequency input

lfo to panning circuit and a dual tube modules for the tube fx

if you time the frequencies right you can get a good leslie simulation

i have added this fx for the kawai k3 emulation as its additive engine can create all b3 drawbar additive sounds but only had a chorus fx

but when you put a k3 through a leslie speaker you can get some great organ patches going

and if you set each osc to 2 different waveforms and modulate the crossfade function you can get organ morphing sounds from organ drawbar wave to harsh digital wave
I don´t have an SDK, but here´s the schematic of the "Keyboardpartner HX3 (H.A.O.X.) organ" Leslie sim,- and IIRC, this is also been done w/ help of Guido from NEO.
http://shop.keyboardpartner.de/epages/1 ... D=25059731
There are also mp3 comparisons of Vent vs Keyboardapartner Leslie sim available.
This simulation is now (unfortunately) in mono because of limited ressources of the FPGA I think,- all the HX3 engine incl. Leslie sim runs on a FPGA.
I think it should be possible to realize in SCOPE and in stereo (maybe mono optional).

Bud
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

in modular it should be easy with out sdk just using modules available

roland has sdk6 maybe he could create a leslie modular simulation module
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am using RingMod, Diodes and other waveshaping modules trying to get the perfect sound of the Leslie Tube Pre Amp as we speak.
We have a decent Rotary already in Scope, it's the Digital Distortion thats tough to get an equal effect up and down the keyboard with.
I am still using this for my B2003 until something better comes along.
IMG_1997.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG (44.45 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's just a hit and miss try using these 2 modules and 2 x inputs of the B2003s signal.
Odd that the sound gets thrown around like a rotary effect, but the clipping is uncontrollable for a newbie like me.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (89.81 KiB) Viewed 2198 times
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote:I´d buy a VENT device for XITE in a heartbeat, but how many here would buy that too ?Bud
Depends on the acceleration characteristics of the rotor. Unless I'm missing something, using B2003 I only get slow and fast with no decision about the acceleration between. But using native Zeligs I can control the exact speed with mod wheel with smooth acceleration between any 2 speeds.

I dont know if the original Leslie speeds were continuously variable or only fast/slow. I suspect the latter seeing as though thats how Creamware modelled it (?)

Anyway I prefer the Zelig approach as giving more control, so if a Scope vent were made like that I'd put my money there instead of with the new Reason Rotor, simply because of routing convenience.

Its a bit like being a guitarist and able to control the speed of the harmonic beating effect gradually by slowly changing the bend on the string.

You need that realtime control for full expressivity.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

fast /slow

jimmy if you are getting clipping try using level controls for the b2003 before hitting the ringmods as the signal might be to hot from the b2003 outputs

and see if you can reduce remove clipping

dante its nice that you can control rotary fx by mod wheel but the original equipment never had it so to achieve the correct type sound you have to emulate

the original frequency of the rotor 2 speeds fast and slow
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

also jimmy because the rotary fx makes the mono b3 into a stereo signal try and just have 1 audio input

from b2003 and have that go to a panning module and have its mod input with a switch with 2 lfo with different speeds

then have it goto the ringmods

when i get back ill have a play with it and see what i can come up with
dawman

Post by dawman »

dante wrote: Depends on the acceleration characteristics of the rotor. Unless I'm missing something, using B2003 I only get slow and fast with no decision about the acceleration between. But using native Zeligs I can control the exact speed with mod wheel with smooth acceleration between any 2 speeds.
B2003 actually has a very good Accelaration characteristic that provides lag, and then Braking which also lags as configured.
The ODrive is mediocre, and the Tonewheel sounds are more like a ballpark/theater organ, but it's the Doppler effect, which is really derived from the Acceleration/Braking that is quite good.
I run Solaris and other sounds through it, disable the ODrive and love the sound live as I seperate my powered monitors by 8 feet for a great spread. If we had an FOH and real PA I'd send mono to the system since my monitors are for me and those close by. But we do gigs where a Union Stagehand / FOH or sometimes even worse a guy named Sargeant Sound who is really a security guard who unlocks the Console, sets levels, then walks around protecting us from ourselves.
Here's Solaris with the Doppler effect of the B2003.

http://soundcloud.com/jimmyvee/solaris-doppler-train

@ jhulk, I will try your idea, and look forward to more ideas.

Cheerz
wayne

Post by wayne »

Dante - hit the "add" page on the B2003 for more rotor control
dante

Post by dante »

wayne wrote:Dante - hit the "add" page on the B2003 for more rotor control

Ok -will check it out thanks
dante

Post by dante »

Bud Weiser wrote:
jksuperstar wrote:
I'd prefer something within SCOPE. I'll play with the at0m-ic Leslie you pointed to, thanks!
The NEO Ventilator mk I was realized w/ help of SCOPE SDK, so it would be easy to have Ventilator in SCOPE environment once Guido from NEO would be willing to release as a SCOPE device.

There´s now also the little brother of Ventilator in the pipeline for guitar players and the Ventilator mk II comes too,- 1st as a stomp box design and later as a rackmount device.

Any external hardware Ventilator unit would make B2003 sound excellent I think, just because of the better overdrive of the Vent.
A device for SCOPE environment would be ice of the cake though,- and it would be somewhat cheaper too.

I´d buy a VENT device for XITE in a heartbeat, but how many here would buy that too ?

Bud
The Ventilator 2 and mini vent are out now.

Mini vent about 2/3 the price of the full one for guitarist :

http://music.ashbysolutions.com/mini-vent.htm
dorothyam48

Re: NSA on the internet is looking better and more trustworthy

Post by dorothyam48 »

Personality problems are really common these days. My internet usage has increased greatly over the last year not because of the lockdown due to corona, but because I am a spammer with no life. Everyone is at home using the internet for everything, and here I am all alone looking at images on ratemypoo.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Aaaarghhhh ....

SPAM !

wtf ... :-?

Bud
valis

Post by valis »

Banned, and original post edited to remove offensive content.