Phase mod in Flexor oscs not working

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Spindrift

Phase mod in Flexor oscs not working

Post by Spindrift »

I noticed a strange problem on my Xite system...phase mod doesn't work on any of my Flexor oscs.
Regardless of if I wobble knob quickly or modulate with another osc, waveform is completely unaffected.
The phase mod for the Pattern LFO work as expected.

Anyone had a similar problem?
I'm sure they worked on my PCI system...can someone with Xite verify that they are working?
garyb

Re: Phase mod in Flexor oscs not working

Post by garyb »

Adern?
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

There´s still some Flexor III stuff not working well on XITE and 64Bit SCOPE 7/ Win7 Pro SP1 x64.
I don´t have enough time to investigate in depth, but some patches caused BSOD.

This never happened w/ SCOPE 5.1 on my Win XP SP3 32Bit machine.
So, I guess it was made for and runs best on 32Bit systems.

I wonder if I were able transfering Flexor III and Zarg keys from XITE-1 back to PCI for some period of time, at least until there will be updates/fixes.
But possibly Adern and Bowen won´t never update their devices again,- who knows...

:)

Bud
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

This is the first issue I have come across with Flexor on my Xite system, and have been using it quite a lot.
Shame, really been getting in to phase mod lately :(

Cannot seem to find a contact to Adern, website is a bit broken, and I'm guessing the hope for a fix is slim anyway.
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Might also be me being confused how the phase mod actually works on the oscs.
Normally the modulator will continuously update the phase in accordance with the modulators waveform. But reading the description for for example NBL Saw Gate it says "This oscillator is retriggered by gate messages to start from the point in the waveform indicated by the phase control".
So I guess they never did proper phase modulation, but just do start phase modulation.

Here is the NBL Saw oscs and Patten LFO doing the same thing (one saw osc being phase modulated with a sine an octave higher)

However if I sync the saw osc to a third osc running at a higher frequency one can notice the phase start modulation working:
Can perhaps lead to interesting results, but really want a normal phase mod osc....guess I have to use the Pattern LFO's at audio rate instead.
Or is there any other oscs with phase modulation?
Since the Pattern LFO can do it must be doable.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

That's just a graphical resolution problem which I found out when we discussed Oscillators. Record the wave and see if it looks the same.
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

No, this has noting to do with the lack of sinc interpolation between samples as we discussed.
Look at the frequencies they are set to, both oscs and lfos are running at 20 and 40 hz.

And both pictures show things working as expected when understaning the Flexor manual correctly.
A bit confusing that phase mod is different things on the osc an LFO, but on the lower picture you can se how it is starting on a different phase for each sync, but still have the saw shape on each restart. Proper phase mod as seen on the LFO's causes the phase to constantly update, so you can see the intermodulation of the sine waveform.
Spielraum

SyncPhase oK |Re: Phase mod in Flexor oscs working

Post by Spielraum »

Spindrift wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:12 am I noticed a strange problem on my Xite system...phase mod doesn't work on any of my Flexor oscs.
...can someone with Xite verify that they are working?
NOT problem on our XITE system, all oK!
see Flexor`s Sync Logic, only the Sync Gate will set in Phase Mod!
cheers ron
have fun!
have fun!
FlexorOSCSyncPhaseMod.gif (1.66 MiB) Viewed 1266 times
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Spielraum

U Know! |Re: Phase mod in Flexor oscs not working

Post by Spielraum »

Spindrift wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:07 am Might also be me being confused how the phase mod actually works on the oscs.
...Can perhaps lead to interesting results, but really want a normal phase mod osc....guess I have to use the Pattern LFO's at audio rate instead.
Or is there any other oscs with phase modulation?
check here the OSC "U Know" Collection +Phase Mod >> https://www.styledriver.eu/scope/modular/chapter/U-KNOW-Osc.html
have fun!
have fun!
BCM-UKnowSP.gif (339.84 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅] Lange Welle ~ Mittelwelle ~ Kurze Welle ~ Ultra Kurze Welle
Scope Sandbox soundcloud ~ youtube ~ bc modular-guide° ~ modules-SR
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Thanks, missed that U Know has that, thanks!