Device placement in Scope project

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Device placement in Scope project

Post by Music Manic »

Hi guys

Is there a way of getting a device to sit in a certain position when a project is saved? When i open a saved project and try to open the mixer's main output channel it doesn't show up or is to the far right of the project where I have to scroll to make it appear. When I also take a snapshot the devices don't reappear in the position I saved them when I recall it. Is this a bug?

Thanks
t_tangent

Re: Device placement in Scope project

Post by t_tangent »

Most devices should stay in their set position when reloading a saved project.

What Mixer device is causing you this issue, or if it's happening to other devices as well in your system it sounds like their might be an issue with your setup, perhaps a corrupted file, not sure exactly.

What Windows OS are you running and what Scope version?
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

I’ll try and resave the project and see but maybe it’s to do with the monitor’s resolution.

It’s the STM mixer. Even on a fresh project the master panel doesn’t appear unless I close and open the panel from the mixer channel option.

I’m on windows 7 and using the latest Scope version.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

That's strange. Yes try resaving and see if that works, or better still take a Windows screenprint jpg of your project routing window so you can refer to it when rebuilding the project, and then create the same project from scratch, as it could be the project file itself is corrupted. I have had a corrupted project file befoe, can't remember exactly what happened back then, but rebuilding a new project fixed it, so I would try that and see if it works.

Or yes, it might possibly be your monitor resolution, so thats worth looking at I guess.

I use the STM 2448 mixer and that definitely stays in the location I set it to when reloading the saved project.

Hope that helps, but if not perhaps someone else has another idea.

Cheers
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

t_tangent

I've just played around with it and it seems the Screen Sets make it jump to that awkward position. If I open the main master mixer channel and close it it will open in that position when I double click the mixer device. When I use a screenset and do it it opens in the original position.

It's no major problem but thanks for your help.