scope on xp64 - does it work?

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: scope on xp64 - does it work?

Post by Bud Weiser »

dante wrote:Its quite possible that by the time Scope 6 comes out, Windows 8 will be out as well,
2012 / 10 / 26,- and it´s cheap for Win XP, Vista, Win 7 owners,- upgrade cost USD 39.99.
Anyone who buyed a computer w/ Win 7 since june 2nd pays USD 14.99 !

NOW,- will Scope 6 being released as well ? :D
What will the upgrade cost ? :lol:
15 bucks would be accepteble for Xite and Scope 5.1 owners ... :P
dante wrote: and proven to be a stable combintation. Unlikely I know ( since everyone will say stay of Win8 for at least 2 years ) but still possible.
We´ll see, there are a lot of changes in the OS and even it will be stable from the very beginning, it might not be for everyone.
Windows 8 runs on ARM processors also and they come up w/ a lot of gimmicks like a OS embedded app store ...
The GUI (Metro) is for touch screens, but you can go back to your desktop usage w/ keyboard and mouse by using a in the OS included app ... which doesn´t work w/ many older programs (up to now) because desktop and Metro programs cannot communicate with each other :x

To me "up to now" means "as long the older programs aren´t updated for METRO".

By "safety reasons", for installed programs it´s harder to access "important system processes" ...
I don´t know what that means for the audio/MIDI world.

Standard version has no file sytem encryption,- Pro version has.
RT-version is for ARM-tablets only.
dante wrote: No-one knows - you need a damn strong Crystal Ball ver 110 to know....
It seems, we´ll all need Win 8 only,- nothing else :lol:

Bud
tjsound

Re: scope on xp64 - does it work?

Post by tjsound »

Ask Jimmi - He know all for x64 and Xite))
XITE-1, Reaperx64...