What are the odds of Vista drivers appearing?

PC Configurations, motherboards, etc, etc

Moderators: valis, garyb

johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Does anyone know if Scope 4.0 will work with the 32 bit Vista? Unfortunately I need to run Vista...should I even try to install Scope on it?
garyb

Post by garyb »

i believe it does...maybe not fully.

and no you do not need to run vista. not yet. if you made the mistake of buying it, well, an oem version of xp is only about $80.....
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Hmm...I really do need to run Vista because I need to make sure the ArtWonk and MusicWonk software I produce runs on it. Not good enough **to just test it, it has to be run many times in many different situations.

So...anyone know for sure whether Scope 4.0 will run on Vista? Since it involves audio drivers I expect it won't, but it would be nice to hear otherwise from someone who has actually tried it.

**but if you do have Vista, I'd love it if you tried it out. Download the free & complete 30 day trial at: http://algoart.com/download.htm

John Dunn
garyb

Post by garyb »

oops, you're right, you need to run vista....

yes, it can be done. i hope you have a mighty powerful machine....
http://www.planetz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... king+vista
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Thanks for the link! Nice to see that I don't have to live without my Scope.
cyberzip

Post by cyberzip »

garyb wrote:ok, i won't argue about what cakewalk can actually do. they really can use massive amouts of memory? maybe, but why?
Have you used recent software synths and / or orchestral sample libraries?
garyb wrote:they are the same guys who tried to convince you that wdm and dx was far superior to asio and vst. these guys have always been little more than shills for m$.
Yes, they tried to promote non-VST standards but by now they've backed off and realized that that was a fight they couldn't win. But I don't understand how that made Cakewalk "shills" for M$.

Five years from now you wont even have security updates for XP, so if you're composing on Windows, you'll very likely run Vista by then. R u a shill then, mate? :)
garyb wrote:hey, i know, why not optimize the current code? it's no where near 100%. so now there's new bugs.
A rather arbitrary statement, don't you agree?
garyb wrote:as to large sample libraries, agreed, but a pretty insignificant part of the market. balance that out with drm and there's a bad smell.
Yes the Vista DRM affair smells seriously bad... I sure hope we're not ending up where it looks like we're heading! :-/
garyb wrote:still, use what works best. i have my opinion and that can change quickly when reality changes.
...which is why I'm allergic to dogmatic states of mind. I'm glad you're not one of 'em! :D

Keep on truckin',

cz
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

cyberzip wrote:Five years from now you wont even have security updates for XP, so if you're composing on Windows, you'll very likely run Vista by then. R u a shill then, mate? :)
Who cares about security updates when most people running an optimized and REALLY secure daw don't even have their DAW connected ???? Security Updates?? From M$ ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

we are "going there" with drm and thumbscanning to get on the internet and forced driver "signing".

cakewalk is a m$ shill because they have business agreements w/m$ to promote m$ "innovations".

i don't think it's arbitrary to ask the current platform to be fully exploited before trashing it and making us buy new hard and software. i wonder sometimes if the computer toys or the music is more important to the users. i don't think it's arbitrary to say that the new software will bring new bugs before the even fix the old ones either. that is factual, not artbitrary.

i am a realist though. i use the tools available to do my work.