More Vintage Emulations!!!

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

valis

Post by valis »

They call it a 'runtime' compiler though...
steffensen

Post by steffensen »

On 2005-04-07 11:58, BingoTheClowno wrote:
I hear the recently released Reaktor 5 is capable of compiling modules to VSTs too. This is a major change in Reaktor and it probably represents NI's response to some of the Max/MSP software competitive features.

Very exciting times in the music software industry! :smile:
</font>
VERY exciting news i must say. :smile: hope this means that u can save presets on the VST modules inside the host, so u dont have to save a new ensamble with every song, like u have to now with reaktor. not that its that hard..just makes everything smoother. :smile:
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi

just other info abou this topic

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 2&forum=11

i don't need synths i have enough
seem there isn't a way to have some real
good emulation of hardware compressor/ limiter/channel strip/eq if creamware
doesn't help a bit.
i Hope in the future there more support
and oppurtunities for developpers.
More devices more cash i mean.

cheers
Man-Machine

Post by Man-Machine »

Hopefully now with all the interests in these ASB products Creamware will continue to release more vintage emulations. Thanks to CW my dead Pro-One sound has been resurrected by their emulation. Mine (and probably many others too) has been dead for a while now and replacement parts are very expensive, rare or non-existant. CW has been great in emulating American synths like Arps, SCI and Moogs. But now would be nice if they work on some japanese counterparts like Korgs, Yamaha or specially Rolands. There's a big gap in the market right now for Roland sounds since most synthesizers (hardware or software) concentrate on sounding like Moogs, etc. I have a Jupiter but I don't know how long it would last so it would be nice to have a decent emulation of it. Rolands have a very complementary sound to American synths and my vote goes to the old SH and Jupiter series
L8ter Oscill8ters!
sharc

Post by sharc »

Korg (Legacy) and Roland (VariOS) have already done most of the legwork on these emulations. It's just a matter of how the hell we would get them to produce CW plugs.

I don't think Roland would take too kindly to CW producing a Jupiter clone for instance.

Then again, Moog didn't seem to mind the virtual or hardware competition to the Voyager. In fact Bob even endorsed the Arturia.

...So you never know.
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2005-06-25 09:42, sharc wrote:
Korg (Legacy) and Roland (VariOS) have already done most of the legwork on these emulations.
Although, you have to mention that Korg did a good job and Roland did not.

Analog Emulation is not the strength of Roland, so I would prefer someone else to do the job... What about Creamware? :smile:

A virtual JP8 would nicely fill a longterm market gap...
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

And continuing the trend - check this similar 'ASB' approach to the Mellotron:

http://www.manikin-electronic.com/en/
john bowen
bowen synth design
zarg music
dawman

Post by dawman »

Where can I purchase a Scope SDK.
I will buy this and ship it around the world,along with accompanied hardware synths.
I need my Oberheim 1:1 please.

p.s. The Curtis chips differ on Xpander, and Matrix 12. IMO, XPander is only 6 voice, but the warm, buzzy drip, is much thicker.
Casper

Post by Casper »

On 2005-07-30 09:57, scope4live wrote:
Where can I purchase a Scope SDK.
I will buy this and ship it around the world,along with accompanied hardware synths.
I need my Oberheim 1:1 please.
Scope SDK is FREE :smile:
You'd have to sign an NDA and send it to creamware in Germany. Only if you posses a single DSP board with 15 DSP's. I've seen the NDA somewhere here on this plantetZ :smile:
But you'd have to searsch it cause I don't remember where.

Casper

P.s. we can not make money out of SDK devices. Just so you know.
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Here's the non disclosure agreement:

http://www.planetz.com/Pulsar/files/pro ... t_v1.0.pdf

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: paulrmartin on 2005-08-03 07:14 ]</font>
narly

Post by narly »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: narly on 2005-08-05 10:01 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

There's a big gap in the market right now for Roland sounds since most synthesizers (hardware or software) concentrate on sounding like Moogs, etc.
A modular MVC with the different note priorities (low, last, high) would be a good start.
Moog didn't seem to mind the virtual or hardware competition to the Voyager. In fact Bob even endorsed the Arturia.
I think, commercially, that wasn't a such a bad move. :wink:
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
dawman

Post by dawman »

Once again help has arrived. I purchased my Scope Professional from a US distibutor, they provide no info on that particular topic. However, I have a key-tech who is currently putting together a pedal steel GS3 DVD, and he's quite capable software programmer. He will not profit from this. However he will provide US with a 1:1 emulation of an Oberheim Matrix 12, but with the no comprimise approach and use of the Curtis chips in the XPander. The best of both worlds. I'm sure alot of you guys never heard, or had the chance to play this incredible synth, I only hope it's 1:1 is on par with the Pro One, B2003, and Minimax. I will post it in the Device area of the forum.
This, I will do for us, for my gratitude for all the help I recieved with my foolish ideas, and questions. After all, we're not communists.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: scope4live on 2005-08-08 16:49 ]</font>